Coconut Oil Users Get In Here...

LadyKaypnyc

Ok, so I bought some Coconut oil, but I have no idea how to use it...I tried to o a search, but I keep getting a white screen.

I know how to cook with it, but I don't know how to use it in my hair. I live in NYC and the cold weather just causes this stuff to freeze up and make my hair hard.:wallbash::wallbash:

How are you using your coconut oil?

drasgrl

I use it for massage and moisturizing. Basically I just rub it in my hands and apply to my hair.

KAT25

It is super great for scalp massages and I it helps my temple stay strong and grow. I also mix it with my MN mixture and that helps the MN and me get along with out the headaches. I mainly put my coconut oil on my hair at night cause my DD says it stanks so by morning the smell is gone. But I love Love LOve it.

Lucky's Mom

Hey Mama!

You can use coconut oil for a Pre Poo - night time treat for your hair.

Warm up a bit - Slap it on your hair from root to tip............- Wrap your hair in plastic - Go to bed!
Next morning - Wash, etc!

HTH!
:drunk:

PassionFruit

I use mine as a sealant after my moisture choice of the day

I also mix it with castor oil, that way it doesnt thicken up as bad and it takes a bit of the stickiness away from the castor oil

I have also replaced lotion in my house with coconut oil... my son who has eczema keeps asking why did I take so long to find it

BlackPearl1

Hi fellow New Yorker. I use mine for shine and moisture. During the cold months I apply the coconut oil before bed to my hair. That way I won't have to worry about the coconut oil becoming solid while in my hair during the day . Sometimes I mix it with my Giovanni Direct Leave-in also before bed as a moisturizer and I love it.

RosesBlack

On days my hair feels super dry I use it for all over moisturizing. I seal my ends with it, then wrap my little bantu knots in bits of plastic gas and my hair is SO silky and shiny the next day.

At the end of my stretches I also use it on my NG for detangling and keeping it supple at the demarcation line. I noticed this last stretch that seemed to make a huge difference for me in terms of way less breakage at the end of my stretch.

Sometimes I mix it with cholesterol con for a prepoo. I also will mix a little with Elasta QP feels like silk gel if my edges are fuzzy.

I think coconut oil is probably the best thing I've tried and used for my hair ever.

poookie

i use it as a sealant on my hair. i use a penny sized drop of moisturizer (whatever conditioner i'm feelin at the moment), and then a dab of coconut oil.

but because it does solidify in cold temps, i'll use a bit of the coconut and a bit of some other oil on top. for instance, i'll moisturize my hair, use a half a dab of coconut, then use half a dab of castor or olive oil.

chebaby

you can just use it on the scalp to stop dandruff. ot i just use mine as a pre poo the night before i wash. i drench my scalp and hair in it, massage for ten minutes and then tie it up for the night. the next day i wash it out.

miami74

I use coconut oil as a sealant after I apply my moisturizer. I mix the coconut oil with Jamaican black castor oil. The two together keep my hair soft and shiny. I also include coconut oil in my prepoo mixed with conditioner and in my DC of choice.

naturalmanenyc

I'm in NYC too. I use coconut oil for shine and moisture. I typically take down my hair (wrapped or pin curled), moisturize and add a few drops of coconut oil to seal.

LABETT

I mostly use it as a oil rinse because its lighter than my other oils and I get greats results.
I use it has a seal in my moisturizers and when I do the baggie method.

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
Coconut oil just sits on my hair when it's dry. I like to put it on top of whatever conditioner I'm DC'ng with....I love how it feels.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Hey Mama!

You can use coconut oil for a Pre Poo - night time treat for your hair.

Warm up a bit - Slap it on your hair from root to tip............- Wrap your hair in plastic - Go to bed!
Next morning - Wash, etc!

HTH!
:drunk:
that's what i do. Also, i put some in my deep con. then warm the mix up and apply it to dry hair for at least a couple of hours.

Monigirl

I use virgin coconut oil to deep condition with or seal my ends. I add just a tablespoon of it to my conditioner of choice and sit under dryer. Also very good for dry skin.

G

GroDeeLocks

I may be weird because I don't mind when coconut oil makes my hair hard in the cold. I figure that I am getting the deepest conditioning when it happens, lol. After I get back inside from the cold, my hair turns super soft and even more lustrous. I always use coconut oil alone, every day as a moisturizing sealant. I can't do without it after learning about it here.

Sunshine_One

I just started using Extra virgin coconut oil this winter. I use it as a prepoo and I sometimes add it to my deep condish mixtures. I also add it my my rinse out conditioner...(Devacare One C) it really helps me with detangling my hair. I also apply it my skin to seal moisture. I'm loving coconut oil right now. :yep:

HTH

LovelyLionessa

I use virgin coconut oil as a sealant after washing and applying my leave-in when airdrying. I love it, the comb just glides through my hair afterwards.

Eisani

Ok, so I bought some Coconut oil, but I have no idea how to use it...I tried to o a search, but I keep getting a white screen.

I know how to cook with it, but I don't know how to use it in my hair. I live in NYC and the cold weather just causes this stuff to freeze up and make my hair hard.:wallbash::wallbash:

How are you using your coconut oil?

I use it as a sealant, a prepoo, massages, whatever I can think of because I'm in love with it. I'm in a frosty state myself and during the cold months I usually mix it with jojoba oil. This keeps it from hardening once the cold air hits it.

FindingMe

primarily for pre-poo and I usually do a really good scalp massage with it at that time. It's helping me with the new growth, I am 8 weeks post and feel more like 3...:yep:

I use Vatika and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (from Whole Foods)

kweenameena

Would Publix have this? Or should I just go to the Indian grocer.
I don't really care for the one at the indian store that comes in the plastic bottle. The one in the jar seems fresher. I got mine from whole foods. It's organic and unrefined so the smell is still there. You can get it on amazon as well.

I love coconut oil on my hair after I do my flexi sets or my twists.
I use it all the time for everything!
I love to use it in my different hair concoctions.