Coconut Shampoos & Conditioners: Which are best?

IndianAngel22

I'm really loving this coconut oil thing so I've been trying to figure out which coconut shampoos and conditioners are the best for hair. I've heard that people like

*Suave Tropical Coconut
*White Rain Tropical coconut
*Organix Coconut Milk

And others....... what's the best? DO the cheap suave ones work just as good as the more expensive. And I am NOT talking about for JUST co-washing. I mean in terms of slippage, detangling, and even for those who straighten *MAJOR STRAIGHTENER RIGHT HERE*

What are your opinions?

indigodiva

Haven't tried the white rain version, but out of the suave and organix, the Organix is my favorite. I use both the Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner and I really like it ( I'm more in love with the smell than anything). The suave brand is more on the cheapie side, so I definitely wouldnt deal with it when straightening is the main goal. The Organix is pretty good for detangling.

Last edited:

naturalpride

I wouldhave to say........ Suave Coconut Conditioner and Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner are my favorite coconut conditioners:)

BostonMaria

Suave coconut conditoner is my favorite. Can't beat the price either!

As far as shampoo's - My favorite hands down is Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Shampoo

Simply_Kelz

I am also a fan of Suave Tropical Coconut. It's probably my favorite of all the cheapies. However, when straightening, I stick to my tried and trusty DC, which isn't listed.

IndianAngel22

I am also a fan of Suave Tropical Coconut. It's probably my favorite of all the cheapies. However, when straightening, I stick to my tried and trusty DC, which isn't listed.

And what would that be? Also for everyone if it's not listed please name it and try to leave a picture if possible

adw425

I am actually getting ready to try Freeman's papaya and coconut conditioner. Freeman conditioners generally leave my hair soft, detangled, feeling silky, so I know this will be a wonderful conditioner. Papaya is the third ingredient after water and cetyl alcohol and coconut is the fourth ingredient followed by kelp, panthenol, vitamin E and vitamin A and I have a tendency to like the best ingredients pretty high up. I have the White Rain, which is a wonderful cheapie, with coconut extract and panthenol as the eighth and ninth ingredients. The Organix left my hair soft, but I was a bit disappointed in it because I was expecting more from it, but it is a really good conditioner. It has both coconut milk and coconut oil. They are pretty far down on the list, but it also has panthenol, jojoba oil, egg white protein. I picked up some Suave today to compare it to the White Rain and the last six ingredients are great: vitamin E, silk amino acids, honey, nettle, rosemary, coconut extracts.

Last edited:

tnorenberg

Suave coconut conditoner is my favorite. Can't beat the price either!

As far as shampoo's - My favorite hands down is Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Shampoo
Tell me more about this Inecto Pure CO Shampoo...do they also have a conditioner and moisturizer. Where do you get it?

omnipadme

I just bought the inecto pure coconut oil conditioner from ulta. I just used it tonight and it got the job done. I used it as a cowash w/shikakai and brahmi and thought the coconut oil would work perfectly with my ayurveda routine. It was only $5.99.

cookie1

:lick: Ulta has this off brand (Inecto Pure Coconut Oil) poo & conditioner. I bought it thinking I would be taking it back and it makes my hair so soft and gives it great shine, etc. It did a better job on my hair than the Organix. The poo is even good!

cookie1

I just bought the inecto pure coconut oil conditioner from ulta. I just used it tonight and it got the job done. I used it as a cowash w/shikakai and brahmi and thought the coconut oil would work perfectly with my ayurveda routine. It was only $5.99.

Great Minds! I just posted below you and hadn't even read as far as page one...Inecto is great!

omnipadme

Okay, I used the Coconut condish today as a leave-in and my hair is sooooo soft:yep:. I'm keeping this stuff in stock. I like this better than Nexxus humetress.

spinspinshuga

I wasn't that big of a fan of the Organix Coconut conditioner, but it has grown on me; I like it a great deal, now. I'm still not liking the shampoo that much, though.