Color experts..

Lovelylocs

Why does it seem like deep conditioning treatments that are made for dry hair don't seem to work on my color treated hair? The hair just seems just as dry or drier. Is there a special conditioner for color treated hair that I am supposed to use? I really wanna get rid of this yarn like feeling!

balisi

I wonder if it's not your styling products that have built up and are preventing the deep conditioners from penetrating?

Healthb4Length

After you do your deep treatments do you apply a lite moisturizing conditioner? They go on your hair after deep treatments for 3-5 minutes and then rinse, I find that this helps alot. Also there are conditioner and shampoos specifically designed for color treated hair, they may help you.

Healthb4Length

any cheap conditioners are good, like suave coconut conditioner, basically anything that does not have proteins in it and the instructions should says leave in hair for 3-5 minutes. Silk Elements' mega cholestrol is pretty good very moisturizing and gives alot of slip, that's all I can think of right now.

baglady215

Try hot oil treatments. Colored hair needs oil. I'm not colored, but when my hair was extra dry, I did a hot oil treatment and noticed an immediate improvement. Also, maybe you should add distilled water to your regimen. Do you have hard water? That's sometimes the culprit when products aren't working right.