Color Rinse that won't make my hair dry

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hi ladies, a few weeks ago I used a Bigen rinse and it made my hair dry, :sad: I fixed the prob with a long dc session, :grin: but I'm wondering if all rinses dry the hair or if Bigen is the only one. I'm thinking of trying another brand in a month or so...any suggestions? My hair is dark brown so I'm looking to just color a few greys.

TIA

outspokenwallflower

Man, where do I begin? I've tried (and like) these brands, and they never caused a dryness issue:

Alter Ego Ego Color :love:
Alter Ego Direct Colour & Shine :love:
Sebastian Laminates Cellophanes
Lady Fior Colorshowers
Aveda Color Conditioners (for a color depositing conditioner, they are surprisingly potent!)
Redken Shades EQ :love:

The items I :love: are because of the incredible color range AND because of the nice condition they leave my hair in with rich color.

xcuzememiss

Color showers won't dry your hair out.. But it's kind of hard to find in BSS.. And there colors aren't always consistent when you apply it. I just do a crazy moisture rich dc after applying jazzings or dark and lovely.

InBloom

In my new-growth
Ion Brilliance, find them at Sally's.

They aren't as drippy or messy. Color base seems more red than blue like in Colorshowers. Hair feels more conditioned, softened after application. Easy to locate.

lana

Bigen made my bangs look like scrunchy french fries and no deep conditioning session could fix that. Eventually I trimmed the damage off and that was only a few minutes with the color on.

I have recently tried Ion Semi-Permanent Black Rinse to cover a few grays and I liked it "okay". I am so thankful for the poster above that listed all those other rinses! outspokenwallflower

Can I henna if I'm texlaxed? Can someone please answer that?

outspokenwallflower

I should add that Redken Shades EQ is a demi-permanent and although Alter Ego states Egocolor is a Semi-Permanent, it is pretty much a demi-permanent as well. But these products I have used and they have caused no damage or dryness, given me beautiful, even color and laster a long time.

newnyer

lana said:
Bigen made my bangs look like scrunchy french fries and no deep conditioning session could fix that. Eventually I trimmed the damage off and that was only a few minutes with the color on.

I have recently tried Ion Semi-Permanent Black Rinse to cover a few grays and I liked it "okay". I am so thankful for the poster above that listed all those other rinses! outspokenwallflower

Can I henna if I'm texlaxed? Can someone please answer that?

Yes, henna can be used on natural, texlaxed or relaxed hair. I'm relaxed and have used it...I just usually wait at least a week before because it coats the hair strands and I don't want it to interfere with the straightening process. There are some good henna threads on here with a lot of texlaxed folks henna'ing. Peruse those and it should help. Wish I could link them for you but don't know how from my cell....

Last edited: