Color Rinses...WTH... Can't Leave Well Enough Alone...

*fabulosity*

Okay, I'm doing my normal rinse (or at least I thought I was) before my BKT treatment.. Yes there were several new variables... I'm out of Caoba (Mahogany brown) color showers.. but I bought some while I was in the Dominican Republic last year. (12/2008).. (Fantastik) I think is the brand... not sure.. but the color said "caoba".. it looked browney red when applying.. like the color showers...but maybe a little more orangey.. no problem... my hair is super dark.. I also used the WHOLE bottle of Shine Happy this time (the results were good last time; figured might as well go for the gusto)... and I sat under the dryer for 45 minutes... Did I mention my hair is SUPER dark... like the darkest shade of brown that is almost black... My rinses almost never show unless I do them every two weeks...

Tell me why I rinse out..and go look in the mirror and it looks like I have brownish red highlights?????????????????

So I think..okay I'm tripping.. even though my baby "hurrs" are red... I'm like this has got to be because its wet.. I'm going to BKT next so clarify.. 4x... yes I'm crazy because I've never seen a damn rinse lighten hair.... NEVER.. never...EVER.. ever.. ever.. ever....

So I blow dry in prep.. and my hair looks like I have just had it highlighted and colored... in the crown... NOW... walk with me ladies... what caused this... ??? Is it the shine happy? Is it the new rinse? Is it because I sat under the dryer longer??? I will reserve my "freak out" until after I do my BKT and see what it is looking like... Both of these products do not have AMMONIA... or PEROXIDE.. so they say? Shine happy is a clear shine treatment... How do I have red/brown hair????

Oh and yes I took pics of the rough blow dry.... so you guys can see the color....especially at the root... we talking red brown like "EISANI" red brown... I am tripping over here...

Whoa! I just bought some Bigen in Black Brown 'cause I have a few grays (well, at least three that I notice every once in a while; I know, that's not a lot, but they freak me out) that I don't want to see anymore. Now, I have not colored my hair in more than 10 years, and you got me a little scared. I'm doing it, though, because I got me some Dreamhair I want to try out tomorrow, so I might as well give myself the full service. Keep us posted on the saga. And good luck.

I read some reviews of shine happy turning some people's (WW mainly) hair orange... That's why I refrained from trying it. possibly you're having a similar experience.

SHINE HAPPY HAS PEROXIDE IN LARGE AMOUNTS. You can read my detailed review here.

Yes. That is what caused subtle lightening.

^^Your review really made me want to try Shine Happy....

I really liked the result, but that's why I stressed in the review and will stress again, now...IT WILL TURN YOUR HAIR TO STRAW.

If your hair can take it...there is shine untold to be had. :lachen::lachen:

I read some reviews of shine happy turning some people's (WW mainly) hair orange... That's why I refrained from trying it. possibly you're having a similar experience.

:perplexed Thanks...

SHINE HAPPY HAS PEROXIDE IN LARGE AMOUNTS. You can read my detailed review here.

Yes. That is what caused subtle lightening.

I swear it said no peroxide... I believe you... but I'm thinking I got this result because I used the whole bottle...

I really liked the result, but that's why I stressed in the review and will stress again, now...IT WILL TURN YOUR HAIR TO STRAW.

If your hair can take it...there is shine untold to be had. :lachen::lachen:

Cosign...

It's brownish red and BLINGING... Actually the color looks okay.. I'll post the pics tmw (can't find my cord)... I'll probably cowash/DC and reassess later in the week... I'll not use the whole bottle any more... it just felt excessive... it's really thick.. I think a normal person should get like 4 uses out of it. I'm just going to reduce the amount because I like the effect.

:perplexed Thanks...

I swear it said no peroxide... I believe you... but I'm thinking I got this result because I used the whole bottle...

Cosign...

It's brownish red and BLINGING... Actually the color looks okay.. I'll post the pics tmw (can't find my cord)... I'll probably cowash/DC and reassess later in the week... I'll not use the whole bottle any more... it just felt excessive... it's really thick.. I think a normal person should get like 4 uses out of it. I'm just going to reduce the amount because I like the effect.

I have the ingredients listed on my site. I'll repost them here:

Ingredients:
Clear Shine Treatment: Water, Hexylene Glycol, Ethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Soytrimonium Chloride, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Fragrance, Ethoxydiglycol, Oleth-5, C11-15 Pareth-9, Oleth-2, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Dilinoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Erythorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Sulfite, Oleamide Mipa, C12-15 Pareth-3, Oleth-10, Panthenol, EDTA, Ascorbic Acid, Tocopherol.

Gentle Activating Creme: Water, Hydrogen Peroxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Steareth-21, Oleth-2, Oleth-5, PEG-50 Hydrogenated Palmamide, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Oleyl Alcohol, Etidronic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Simethicone

Once a Week Color Treat Color Conditioning Treatment: Water, Amodimethcione, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, EDTA, Panthenol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hydrolized Sweet Almond Protein, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf.

Just DC and give your hair mild protein if you haven't already and it should be fine.

Back