COLOR TREATED HEAT USERS!!!!

xcuzememiss

I know I am not the only one out here with highlights or color treated hair. My question is how do you do your hair and keep it healthy without a hooded dryer. Right now I can't afford the one I need, but I have to do my hair. Air drying seems to lead to tangles dry crispy ends and some breakage. HELP!! any advice is welcomed! oh yeah im relaxed btw

longhairlover

i'm relaxed, and colored I have switched over to rollersets, but when I blowdry I just use a lower speed but high heat and my hair is fine, I just try not to do so too often, but if you don't have a hooded dryer yet lower blowdrying settings shouldn't be too bad as long as its' once a week.

I can't airdry either it breaks my hair off.

I also do LOTS of deep conditioning and regular protein treatments to keep my hair strong and moisturized.

hothair

I'm 4a natural BKT that usually (when my hair is out) use a modified Ateyaaa regimen weekly with no problems. My hair loves protein so an Aphogee based reggie is the business, however I mix it up with moisuturising DCs or other products but basically her reggie when I use heat (once a week).

Ijanei

Well me, I wash and most of the time air dry, but when I'm air drying I always have my hair in a wrap (wet), I dont have any tangles are anything like that and it saves time w/ the flat iron. Most of the time, I dont even have to flat iron that much.

Ijanei

and I also use that lotta-body wrapping lotion, it makes my hair feel silky and on the ends while it's wrapped, i rub around the wrap w/ the profectiv lotion....(but that's just me) It makes my wraps look wonderful