Healthy Color Treated Hair

mscorleone

Hello,
Just wondering if anybody has healthy blonde/lighter brown color treated hair? I am thinking about getting some blonde highlights or maybe go for the gusto and change my hair color completely. However, I do have some concerns...like how to maintain my relaxed hair without it falling out. Please feel free to post any experiences or tips. Oh yeah, and don't forget to post pics!!

Thanks

Cleve_gryl

I have relaxed highlighted hair, and its healthy!! Its a good idea to start with healthy hair before getting color, since its pretty traumatic.

I just make sure to keep my protein/moisture balance, and my hair stays in great shape.

hothair

Jamilla, queen_t and a few others whose names I can't remember also do a search for Tracey and colour treated hair she had a great guide. I'm light brown with blond and relatively healthy...

mscorleone

I have relaxed highlighted hair, and its healthy!! Its a good idea to start with healthy hair before getting color, since its pretty traumatic.

I just make sure to keep my protein/moisture balance, and my hair stays in great shape.

Thanks! I do have healthy hair for the most part. I just don't want to ruin in. What conditioners are you using. I just purchased some conditioners for the phyto line. I got the phytokarite mask, which I will be mixing with a detangling conditioner and Kimble's Ginger Cream. From what I hear it makes your hair feel like silk! I plan on doing this myself in between visits to the salon because I only go every two weeks.

What protein conditioner(s) are you using?

Do you use a moisturizing conditioner and protein conditioner during the same wash?

Cleve_gryl

Thanks! I do have healthy hair for the most part. I just don't want to ruin in. What conditioners are you using. I just purchased some conditioners for the phyto line. I got the phytokarite mask, which I will be mixing with a detangling conditioner and Kimble's Ginger Cream. From what I hear it makes your hair feel like silk! I plan on doing this myself in between visits to the salon because I only go every two weeks.

What protein conditioner(s) are you using?

Do you use a moisturizing conditioner and protein conditioner during the same wash?

I've been really loving the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor, and use that every week for 5 minutes or so...I follow with a moisturizing DC. Right now, I'm rotating between Nexxus Humectin and Kenra MC.

I'm going to do a hardcore Aphogee tonight (its been 7 weeks since my TU and 5 since my color). I was scared to use that, but its been so great in keeping my hair strong! I highly recommend that treatment. :yep: