Color treated shampoo/conditioners

pinkchocolatedaisy

... are they really necessary if your hair is color treated? I mean, what is the difference between them and a moisturizing poo/cond? Isn't the ultimate goal to keep your hair moisturized? :perplexed I'm confused. Won't a very moisturizing product deliver the same results as one for color treated hair?

What are your thoughts on this? I ask b/c I'm thinking of getting my hair colored during the summer.

thanks!

ShaniKeys

I believe they tend to be more moisturizing than regular poo/cond. I'm sure the experts will be here in no time though.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
From what I've read, they are supposed to be gentler then reg shampoos so as not to strip the color, and I think they are supposed to keep the color vibrant longer then using a reg shampoo. but i think any shampoo labeled for chemically treated hair works in the same way.

gymfreak336

Color treated shampoos and conditioners are designed to help maintain color by smoothing the hair cuticle and they do contain a bit more moisture along with gentle proteins to keep the hair strong and compensate for the chemical processing.

When I had highlights I specifically used color care shampoo and conditioner for moisture and sunscreen protection. In some color care shampoos you can actually see the sunscreen crystals. This protects the color from oxidizing. I hope this helps.

... are they really necessary if your hair is color treated? I mean, what is the difference between them and a moisturizing poo/cond? Isn't the ultimate goal to keep your hair moisturized? :perplexed I'm confused. Won't a very moisturizing product deliver the same results as one for color treated hair?

What are your thoughts on this? I ask b/c I'm thinking of getting my hair colored during the summer.

thanks!