Colored My Hair Last Night!

hopeful

I'm so excited! I used Textures & Tones and mixed three colors together: dark brown, cocoa brown, and cherrywood. No more gray! :woot: I've attached pictures. Hope this works, my first time using LHCF's iPhone app.

Attachments

• image-223502509.jpg
    image-223502509.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 247
  • image-3806229962.jpg
    image-3806229962.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 237

hopeful

I'm thinking it will probably brighten even more over the summer due to the sun. Do you think so?

Your twist are so thick and full. Love it!

Thank you! And you are right, it probably will lighten over the summer. I'm going to try to take a picture in better light too.

faithVA

Very pretty hopeful. We must have been having the same thought last night. I colored my hair last night after using henna for a year. I couldn't stay the grays any longer. But I didn't pick as pretty a color as you, just a dark brown.

I haven't tried the brand you used. Does it require mixing? Did you like the way your hair felt afterwards?

hopeful

Very pretty hopeful. We must have been having the same thought last night. I colored my hair last night after using henna for a year. I couldn't stay the grays any longer. But I didn't pick as pretty a color as you, just a dark brown.

I haven't tried the brand you used. Does it require mixing? Did you like the way your hair felt afterwards?

faithVA Thank you! Yes, the grays were working my last nerve. Clairol's Textures & Tones is pretty popular and is made for "us" : ). Afterwards my hair felt kind of tangly and wiry. It "looked" good though, the curls/kinks looked soft and seemed a little elongated. I used the conditioner they provided but next time will use my stuff which I think is better quality.

faithVA

[USER=5968 said:
hopeful[/USER];15906157]@faithVA Thank you! Yes, the grays were working my last nerve. Clairol's Textures & Tones is pretty popular and is made for "us" : ). Afterwards my hair felt kind of tangly and wiry. It "looked" good though, the curls/kinks looked soft and seemed a little elongated. I used the conditioner they provided but next time will use my stuff which I think is better quality.

I use the conditioner that comes in the box. And then I rinse and follow it with my conditioner. I probably could do just my own but I have always used theirs first.

Do you have to mix it though? I think next time I want one I don't have to mix because I only want to touch up my roots. I guess for $6 I shouldn't worry about.

hopeful

faithVA Yes, I did have to mix it, the liquid color with the creamy developer. It was easy to mix. I will probably do like you next time and use their conditioner followed by mine.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Pretty. I just did mine too. They random grays are getting on my last nerve!

I hate the wiry, dry feeling after I color. Is there any way to combat it? It seems as if as soon as my hair starts feeling good, it's gray again. One day I'll leave them alone - not ready yet.

WyrdWay

good job! The feeling you get from doing something yourself is a really great feeling! Imagine the money you're going to save doing it your self ^_^