Coloring hennaed hair

pinkchocolatedaisy

Ok so I've pretty much been a henna head since this past September. I love the color! But I got a little lazy for a minute and I have like 4 months of black roots LOL! I don't know if I will still keep up with henna. Its alright...just not really all that amazing for me beyond the color and bc I noticed even w amla my coils got stretched a lil more than I liked.But I want to dye my hair with a dark brown dye. And don't say indigo... I barely get by using henna w/o the side eye from DH lol. So my question is: is iok to use reg dye over henna? I did use BAQ henna. Has anyone done this?

loolalooh

I read somewhere that it's not okay, but there was no explanation or anything. Hopefully others chime in.

Bumpin' for ya.

MizzBrit

i've heard of a lady who did after 6 weeks of henna..all i can say is try a strand test first

poookie

yep, you can color over henna'ed hair! i did this for a while when i was relaxed. as long as the henna you used was 100% body art quality, then you will be fine.

i've henna-ed lightened hair, & lightened henna'ed hair, & my hair was fine.

however, the previously henna-ed hair will still be reddish, and it is impossible to remove henna's red stain. so if you dye your hair brown, be prepared to have brown roots, & reddish brown hair.

Jenn22588

I agree with poookie, I dyed hennaed hair and hennaed dyed hair. You will have a reddish tint. Once I hennaed over my lightened dyed hair I used a semi-permanent mocha color and it came out dark reddish brown.