Coloring while transitioning....

mwhitin1

I am currently transitioning, and I am 10 months post relaxer. I do not plan to big chop any time soon. My birthday is coming up in April and I really want to get permanent color in my hair. I've had my hair colored before when I was relaxed, but now I know how to take care of it (much thanks to LHCF). Do you all think it would be okay to get permanent color while I am still transitioning?

crazydaze911

bump... i have the same question after seeing Queen T's thread with her beautiful blonde highlights.... which brand would be best? or just go with w/e professional brand the salon has?.........

Allandra

I am currently transitioning, and I am 10 months post relaxer. I do not plan to big chop any time soon. My birthday is coming up in April and I really want to get permanent color in my hair. I've had my hair colored before when I was relaxed, but now I know how to take care of it (much thanks to LHCF). Do you all think it would be okay to get permanent color while I am still transitioning?
I've been getting permanent color for a while now (before I started transitioning). I haven't had any problems with this at all. I get mine done at the salon.

crazydaze911

Does ur relaxed hair take the color diff than the natural hair? Is your hair any dryer from the color on ur relaxed hair then it is on the natural hair or vice versa?

Allandra

Does ur relaxed hair take the color diff than the natural hair? Is your hair any dryer from the color on ur relaxed hair then it is on the natural hair or vice versa?

I haven't noticed any differences with the color on my natural hair or 3 inches of relaxed ends.

LivingDoll

BUMP...

Any transitioners still coloring your hair black? I usually use a demi-perm...I don't know if I should switch to semi-perm rinses or not.

Liberianmami26

i colored my hair 3 months into my transition with a permanent color and its ok as long as u still moisturize.

the only thing i would say is the color lifts the cuticle of your hair so if u have a lot of new growth its hard for it to look layed down completely. like im now 6 months post well the black newgroth hair if i smooth it down lays down well but the other 1.5 inch of colored newgrowth hair still looks a lil poofy. i hope you understood wat i said if not pm me and ill send some pix.

BlondeByDesire

I'm transitioning now and I'm still coloring my roots (touching them up) every 8 weeks. So far no problems. As long as you keep your hair moisturized it should be fine. I think I'm going to loose a lot of my blonde hightlights eventually. But too, I use a luminizer - it's not as harsh as permanent color. It's a conditioning highlighter.

LivingDoll

I don't know what I want to do. I don't think I want my natural hair to be black. i think i may have to resort to rinses.