coming out of braids

sunshinebeautiful

Is there anything special I need to do before my relaxer? Should I do a protein treatment? Wait a few days and then relax? Any help please.

HoneyDew

I think you should wait more than a few days.

2 weeks is best with all kinds of conditioning and prep going on in that time. Deep conditioning and TLC is important.

For me, right after braids, my hair's elasticity is not as good if I got braids with synthetic hair. When I have them in with human hair, it seems to be in better condition, as far as moisture and elasticity is concerned.

sunshinebeautiful

Awww man... A few weeks? Lawd, I don't know what I'm going to do with my head for a couple of weeks in terms of styling. :nono: Any ideas? It's a jungle up under here, for real.

I do see what you're saying. I definitely want to deep condition, maybe do a protein treatment just to make sure my hair is in tip-top shape before I relax. Does this sound like a plan?

HoneyDew

I know how you feel.
I am coming out of braids today, actually. We will be struggling together! :)

I plan on wearing my hair up everyday. I am going to airdry and flatiron and wear it up.

I am using a few clip-in extensions in there to wear it up with. It seems to protect and hide my hair better.

If I can only last a week, I will go ahead and relax, but only as a last resort.

After I remove my braids I am going to do 1 protein and 1 moisturizing deep conditions. I am going to try to do it again in 3 or 4 days just incase this time next week, I just can't do it for another week.

sunshinebeautiful

I know how you feel.
I am coming out of braids today, actually. We will be struggling together! :)

I plan on wearing my hair up everyday. I am going to airdry and flatiron and wear it up.

I am using a few clip-in extensions in there to wear it up with. It seems to protect and hide my hair better.

If I can only last a week, I will go ahead and relax, but only as a last resort.

After I remove my braids I am going to do 1 protein and 1 moisturizing deep conditions. I am going to try to do it again in 3 or 4 days just incase this time next week, I just can't do it for another week.

I think I may follow your lead. I'm not used to stretching very long and I got about 4 months worth of new growth on my head! I'm definitely in need of a good deep conditioning so I cannot wait to give my hair some TLC. I could probably flat iron but I'm trying to stay away from heat. :ohwell: Maybe I can get it under control if I rollerset. We'll see.