CON shampoo makes your scalp inch?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Just wondering if anyone has experience this, I didn't notice this when I first was using the green label kind. After about 4 or 5 uses my head kept itching. I thought all the other times it was itching was due to dry scalp. So I started using catile soap in which I diluted and it stop my itch completely.

I reviewed a CON shampoo and I will say that I am NOT a fan. :nono:

It left an awful gunk on my scalp that caused it to itch, increased my tangles, and left my hair coated. :ohwell:

I reviewed a CON shampoo and I will say that I am NOT a fan. :nono:

It left an awful gunk on my scalp that caused it to itch, increased my tangles, and left my hair coated. :ohwell:

Ditto what she said.

When CON shampoo was introduced to me on this forum, it wasn't something you used on your scalp. Rather you were supposed to use castille soap on your scalp and then CON on the hair. It felt good initially on the hair, but after a few weeks, the build-up on my hair made it dull and icky feeling. So I haven't used CON since 2003 and haven't missed it.

In answer to your question, yes, I do believe CON can make your scalp itch. It leaves a coating like conditioner does.

Last edited:
I can't use shampoo in general because it leaves this icky white film on my scalp. It's almost like it's suffocating my scalp and makes it itch. My scalp actually use to otch so bad i would scratch it until it bled. I had to stop using shampoo:nono:. I conditioner washed and the film went away
I only use shampoo to clarify ever 6 weeks (if that because I barely use cones and no mineral oil)
I conditioner was for the rest of the time and my hair and scalp thank me

Back