Concerning the Drought in Atlanta and Spiritual Implications

chicacanella

Ok, I have been thinking about this for some time and I've come to the conclusion that drought happening in Georgia could be the result of some spiritual implications. We all know that anything we do on earth could possibly have some effect on the spiritual world. So, I came across this scripture:

10 The land is full of adulterers;
because of the curse [a] the land lies parched [b]
and the pastures in the desert are withered.
The prophets follow an evil course
and use their power unjustly.

And the Word also says that what we bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Just some things to think on!

cece22

If this is true then everyplace should be in drought. And I mean everyplace! these things are happening because of the stupidity, wastefulness and greed of man. Also no one has any regard for how to use water in the first place this nation is a nation of luxury and waste. Water is a gift from God and man has found a way to mismanage and parch the land.

chicacanella

If this is true then everyplace should be in drought. And I mean everyplace! these things are happening because of the stupidity, wastefulness and greed of man. Also no one has any regard for how to use water in the first place this nation is a nation of luxury and waste. Water is a gift from God and man has found a way to mismanage and parch the land.

Yes, that could be true but isn't that true in most of America? And how do we know that God has not already told these people to repent and maybe he is dealing with them first for some reason or another.

cece22

Yes, that could be true but isn't that true in most of America? And how do we know that God has not already told these people to repent and maybe he is dealing with them first for some reason or another.

I would like to believe that in Georgia there is people who live according to God's standards. So it is far from God to ever punish the righteous with the wicked. As in the account and his dealing with Sodom and Gomorrah. Also God has an appointed time to deal with unrighteous unrepantant people until that time we all have equal mercies toward him and his patience. Not one city over the other or person before another. When the time comes we will all be put under judgement of God.

Genesis 18: 22-25 "22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. [e] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare [f] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge [g] of all the earth do right?"

If we all are in a state of sin what makes them subject to God's judgement? And not DC per se it is because God doesn't work like this.

Romans 3:22-24 "22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

chicacanella

I would like to believe that in Georgia there is people who live according to God's standards. So it is far from God to ever punish the righteous with the wicked. As in the account and his dealing with Sodom and Gomorrah. Also God has an appointed time to deal with unrighteous unrepantant people until that time we all have equal mercies toward him and his patience. Not one city over the other or person before another. When the time comes we will all be put under judgement of God.

Genesis 18: 22-25 "22 The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. [e] 23 Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24 What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare [f] the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge [g] of all the earth do right?"

If we all are in a state of sin what makes them subject to God's judgement? And not DC per se it is because God doesn't work like this.

Romans 3:22-24 "22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

Maybe it is just a spiritual reaction to the city of Atlanta being dry spiritually. Maybe it is a case of them needing to affirm and command some stuff to the weather as Jesus did on the boat. I'm not sure, but I do know that nothing just happens to happen.

tatje

Wow, I have thought the exact same thing. I just moved to Georgia and never experience anything like this. After doing some readings of the old testament, I thought God is not happy. No rain. I pray for it and it will rain for a day. I don't know the history of this land or what is going on.