Make sure you don't lose your spiritual green card

gone_fishing

THIS WORLD IS NOT YOUR HOME

In California, where I'm from, many people have moved from other parts of the world to work there, but they keep their citizenship with their home country. They are required to carry a visitor registration card (a green card), which allows them to work here even though they aren't citizens. Christians should carry spiritual green cards to remind us that our citizenship is in heaven!

God says his children are to think differently about life from the way unbelievers do.

All they think about is this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ Lives.

Real believers understand that there is far more to life than just the few years we live on this planet.

Your identity is in eternity, and your homeland is heaven. When you grasp the truth, you will stop worrying about "having it all" on earth. God is very blunt about the danger of living for the here and now and adopting the values, priorities and lifestyles of the world around us. When we flirt with the temptations of this world, God calls it spiritual adultery. The Bible says:

You'r cheating God if all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way.

To make the best of your life, you must NEVER forget two truths:

First, compared with eternity, life is extremely brief. Second, earth is only a temporary residence. You won't be here long, so don't get too attached. Ask God to help you see life on earth as he sees it. David prayed, "Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to know that I am here for but a moment more!

Repeatedly the Bible compares life on earth to temporarily living in a foreign country. This is not your permanent home or final destination. You're just passing through, just visiting earth.

THe Bible uses terms like alien, pilgrim, foreigner, stranger, visitor, and traveler to describe our brief stay on earth.

David said, I am but a foreigner here on earth, and Peter explained, If you call God your Father, live your time as temporary residents on earth.

How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way you are living right now?

alexstin

THIS WORLD IS NOT YOUR HOME

In California, where I'm from, many people have moved from other parts of the world to work there, but they keep their citizenship with their home country. They are required to carry a visitor registration card (a green card), which allows them to work here even though they aren't citizens. Christians should carry spiritual green cards to remind us that our citizenship is in heaven!

God says his children are to think differently about life from the way unbelievers do.

All they think about is this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ Lives.

Real believers understand that there is far more to life than just the few years we live on this planet.

Your identity is in eternity, and your homeland is heaven. When you grasp the truth, you will stop worrying about "having it all" on earth. God is very blunt about the danger of living for the here and now and adopting the values, priorities and lifestyles of the world around us. When we flirt with the temptations of this world, God calls it spiritual adultery. The Bible says:

You'r cheating God if all you want is your own way, flirting with the world every chance you get, you end up enemies of God and his way.

To make the best of your life, you must NEVER forget two truths:

First, compared with eternity, life is extremely brief. Second, earth is only a temporary residence. You won't be here long, so don't get too attached. Ask God to help you see life on earth as he sees it. David prayed, "Lord, help me to realize how brief my time on earth will be. Help me to know that I am here for but a moment more!

Repeatedly the Bible compares life on earth to temporarily living in a foreign country. This is not your permanent home or final destination. You're just passing through, just visiting earth.

THe Bible uses terms like alien, pilgrim, foreigner, stranger, visitor, and traveler to describe our brief stay on earth.

David said, I am but a foreigner here on earth, and Peter explained, If you call God your Father, live your time as temporary residents on earth.

How should the fact that life on earth is just a temporary assignment change the way you are living right now?

At what point did God change His plan for man? God said that He made the earth to be inhabited. It's Heaven, not earth, that is a temporary place for those who die in Christ. If we're being restored to where we were before the fall then how do we end up in Heaven for all eternity?