Conditioner Washers...How often do you shampoo?

caligirl

I would like to start conditioner washing my hair with Kenra. I'm wondering how often should I shampoo. Should I use shampoo at all if the only products I use in my hair are conditioner and oil?

Healthb4Length

caligirl said:
I would like to start conditioner washing my hair with Kenra. I'm wondering how often should I shampoo. Should I use shampoo at all if the only products I use in my hair are conditioner and oil?

How often are you planning on co-washing your hair weekly? I usually would wash my hair once a week with a shampoo if I co-washed more than 3 times that week. You have to be careful of buildup.

sweetascocoa

i dont suggest kenra as a conditioner if you want to conditioner wash. try something really light like V05 conditioners. not the oasis line but the normal ones. i use V05 honey dew. i also like free me freesia. you can use kenra as the 2nd conditioner but not first. ive tried it and i got buildup.

and to answer your question, i shampoo once a month and thats only when i have to clarify :D

Last edited:

caligirl

I plan to conditioner wash every day. Is Elucence light enough to use? I've had no luck with drugstore conditioner with the exception of Herbal Essences.

love2praz

I shampoo once a week and CW 3-4 times a week. I'm getting ready to cut back on CWs to 2 times a week due to the cold weather. :)

bajanplums1

I CW once a week. I shampoo every 6 - 8 weeks. My hair tells me when it is time to wash, because it stops holding the style and is limp.

However, my CW = rinsing with warm water + deep condition. I do not actually wash my hair with a light conditioner like others. I guess I just rinse and deep condition, no shampoo.

Last edited:

MysTori

I feel you. I have started just doing a rinse, then deep condition twice a week, then I wash with shampoo once a week. My hair is much lighter and healthier b/c of it.