Confused? Affirm mild or Fiberguard....

L.Mo.

I want to buy some Affirm relaxer. I'm in the Toronto area and went to the BSW (thanks caramelbarbie!!!). They only had mild and "resistant" formulas. I was going to buy the mild one, but think that my stylist used to use one that had "Fiberguard" on the container. None of the ones in the store said Fiberguard. Are these two relaxers (mild vs. Fiberguard) very different? If so, which do you prefer?

Also, does anyone know where else in Toronto I can get it?

THANKS!!!!!!

There is a Affirm relaxer and a Fiberguard relaxer.Both lines come in mild normal and resistant strengths as well as No lye versions.

I've used both. They are both really gentle. The Fiberguard is more gentle. I think though that for my hair and the fact I like my hair to be straight that it is too weak for me. Alto of people here like it, so hopefully more people may respond.

LisaLou. This is too funny! LOL..

I called the very same BSS that you went to (the one that Caramelbarbie recommeded). The girl on the phone was like "weren't you here today" LOL..uh nope, I live quite a bit from the store and decided to call before going. She said someone was just in asking for this Fiberguard, lol...maybe it was you
smile.gif
She'd never heard of it till today. Pretty cool, huh?

[ QUOTE ]
gvsugirl said:
Is Fiberguard expensive and where do you buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]
I bought it in Queens and it was pretty expensive. I have 1/2 of a 4lb tub left that I am looking to sell though.

Shinyblackhair that is TOO FUNNY!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When I went in this morning I asked the guy at the front if they have Affirm relaxer and/or Avlon products. He said, "no". I was confused, because I had phoned them last week and they said, "yes". So, I wandered around the store anyway. They have a little salon in the back and I glanced through the glass and saw the products on a shelf back there. So, I went in and looked. I asked the lady for the Fiberguard relaxer and took a long time explaining to her what it was. (She kept thinking it was some kind of conditioner). She didn't know anything about Affirm and said that the products are "just there, we don't actually use them". The tubs looked kinda old and had tape all around them. It was $45 for a big one (I don't know what size...).

What a coincidence!

$45??? She said that the Affirm was a kit with 4 or 5 applications and was $70. I was like
shocked.gif
I'll take some Motions please, lol...

Thanks for the compliment on my hair. At that point my hair was done at a salon and I would wrap it at nights. I was going to Jeanette spa and salon in Yorkville, on the odd occasion I would go to Jazma (right next door). After chopping off my hair, and since growing it back and then some, I have yet to go down there. I have been thinking about going back to Jazma. But then you have to get the "consultation" and all that stuff...so I may just do it myself.
ohwell.gif

You can purchase Affirm Mild and Fiberguard Mild online from sheldeez.com. I think you get the big tub for about $45. I get their Affirm Mild online. I like their customer service.

The store in Toronto is the "Beauty Supply Warehouse" and it is at Keele and Sheppard. The phone number is 416-398-9494. There is a smaller version at Victoria Park and Sheppard. The smaller store doesn't have Affirm or the other Keracare products, but they can order stuff from the bigger store.

Shinyblackhair,
There was a kit for $70, but to be honest I didn't look at the contents. It was in a box on the top shelf. I think it also contained pre-relaxer treatments and maybe the post-relaxer shampoo and/or conditioner. I went straight for the plain-old relaxer tubs!! I'm not sure if I'll use buy it... I used to go to Aeyenba at Richmond and Spadina but it's so far from my house... They used Affirm there. I plan to take the relaxer to my new stylist, but I'm not sure yet. I've often planned to try Jazma, but the consultation etc. has always scared me off!!

Still not sure which Affirm relaxer to buy if I do buy one of them??!?!
confused.gif

Back