Contemplating conditioner washes

alireno

I've seen that quite a few of you do conditioner washes. I was just wondering what effect they seem to have on your hair. What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing them?

They prepared my hair quite well for the braids. My hair had more elasticity, while I was pulling and tugging on it. I also credit using Profectiv Break-Free. But conditioner washes are a lotta fun and good for your hair too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">I use infusium 23 conditioner, and I notice that my hair is really soft and manageable, very easy to detangle (I detangle in the shower while water is running through it). On the other hand, when I use shampoo prior to conditioning, my hair feels "squeaky clean" and stripped of moisture. I conditioner-only wash my hair 3 times per month (once per week), and on the last week, I shampoo.
HTH </font>

wen i went natural i had to wah myhair more frequently or at least rise it and i'd noticed that shampooing that frequently wasnt doin myhair any good so i started these and my usually dry hair is a lot soft and moisturised

Conditioner washes are addicting for me! They reduced my breakage and really brought out the best in my hair. I think I actually got addicted to washing when I started them and I find myself recommending them to friends who are complaining about dry hair. I always thought my hair was dry until I started doing these... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just don't forget to clarify.

It's so important to clean the build up. I do this every two weeks by adding 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to a cup of Suave conditioner. It cleans my hair squeaky clean but not stripping it of moisture.

I will never go back to shampoo. It never fails regardless of the type my hair always feels dry after.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Hi Ladies:

I've been contemplating this myself, however, I'm still not sure how to do it?

Do you wash your hair with a conditioner like pantene's sleek &amp; smooth, then do a deep conditioner under a hooded dryer with something like Motion's CPR or ORS Mayo?

or

Just wash with a conditioner then style?

Can someone please explain in detail?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
marabou1 said:
gabrielle_union.jpg

Hi Ladies:

Do you wash your hair with a conditioner like pantene's sleek &amp; smooth, then do a deep conditioner under a hooded dryer with something like Motion's CPR or ORS Mayo?

or

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm wondering this too. /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

when i do a conditioner wash, the conditioner is just used as a shampoo. i deep condition as ususal with a high quality conditioner. i am sure that is what most people do and what they mean by conditioner wash

welcome, jus make sure the conditioner is fairly low priced but high quality for this purpose of condiitoner wash.

Leshia said:
Conditioner washes are addicting for me! They reduced my breakage and really brought out the best in my hair. I think I actually got addicted to washing when I started them and I find myself recommending them to friends who are complaining about dry hair. I always thought my hair was dry until I started doing these... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I do a preshampoo treament (aloe cholesterol) followed by a conditioner wash in which I first wet and rinse my hair with water for a few minutes in the shower - then "wash" with conditioner. I will then add a moisturising conditioner to my hair and finish showering. Before I get out of the shower, I rinse that from my hair, blot dry, then add leave in conditioner(s) and natural oil(s).

gabrielle_union.jpg

Has anyone here used both the Suave coconut conditioner and the Pantene smooth &amp; sleek?

If so, which one does a better conditioner wash? For anyone who has course hair (4b) like I do.

*marabou1*
i happened to have used both those conditioners this weekend. the suave worked fine but i think the pantene smooth and sleek left my hair in a better condition. it was really soft and managable. but i think suave is just about as good if you'd rather a less expensive condtioner . /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Marabou,

I've only used Suave, and have had nice results. It's cheap, and it promises not to leave a build up on your hair. I know companies lie, but I believe they have a money back guarantee. I buy the tropical coconut scent. It claims to moisturize, and it contains natural products in it that I like, more so than the other Suave Brands I've picked up. It's the only one that claims to moisturize to, at least the only one I've seen. You really can't go wrong. I plan too try other conditioners though, namely the Patene Smooth and Sleek. Hope this helps! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blessings,
Compassion

marabou1 said:
gabrielle_union.jpg

Hi Ladies:

or

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used both but I much prefere the Suave because it keeps my hair very soft and it's soo much cheaper. From time to time, approximately every other weekend I add a bit of lemon juice to one cup of conditioner then I wash with this. As with shampoo I do do washes. I deep condition with a better brand of conditoner.

Cheaper brands of conditoner have a bit of a detergent (not sure which ingredient is the detergent) which helps to clean out your hair with the abrasisve action of your fingers and water. This is sufficent to clean.

I learned this a long time ago from one of my male friends who was loosing his hair, so it was quite nice to rediscover this in Lorrain Masey's book.

You may also use baking soda to the cheaper conditioner for washing.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Compassion:

I also have the Suave at home, so I guess I can alternate between the two.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jazzangel:

How much of the lemon juice do you add?

Yes, please let us know how you like the Suave Marabou. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm telling you, you won't be disappointed. Your hair will feel clean, but not that squeaky dry clean. It will feel well moisturized.

Compassion

Back