Correct Use Of Elucence Relaxer

uniquev11

I e-mailed Pleasant Image and asked about the difference in the strength of the Elucence relaxers and the pH of the relaxers. I mentioned that some users said that the relaxer did not get their hair really straight and I was not sure if I should use the regular or the extra strength because I have coarse hair that usually takes the regular strength.

In their reply, they said that all of their relaxers have a pH of 11 and the strength is determined by the amount of conditioners in it. The extra strength has the least amount of conditioners and works the quickest. The regular strength has more conditioners so it takes longer to straighten the hair.

I am trying to decide between Elucence and Affirm.
I like the fact that Elucence has a pH of 11 which I think is kind of low for a lye relaxer and it has a lot of conditioners, but I was concerned about it not relaxing my hair properly.

For the ladies who have used the Elucence relaxer, how long did you leave it in and what were your results?
I have read some reviews of the relaxer not straightening the hair very well and I was wondering if it was left in for the same amount of time as other relaxers. It seems like it needs to be left in a bit longer for it to work properly.

Thanks!!

pebbles

Hi Uniquev,

I use Elucence, and it stays in my hair for about 15-20 minutes, just long enough for it to be applied on all of my hair. I don't like to get my hair bone straight, so it works out well for me. If you leave it in longer, it will get your hair straight, that happened once to me, and my hair came out pretty straight.

uniquev11

Thanks, Pebbles.

I wanted to make sure that it would actually straighten my coarse hair if I left it in long enough.
And the fact that it might take longer to work might be perfect for me because I want to do it myself and I will probably need those extra minutes!