Corrective Relaxer Help PLEASE!

gabulldawg

Hey, ladies. I thought I wanted to do the texlaxed thing, but I have since changed my mind. I had my last relaxer on 10/10/08 and relaxed bone straight. HOWEVER, there is a section between the newly processed and overprocessed hair that is underprocessed, or texlaxed. :ohwell: I would like to do a corrective on the underprocessed hair in order to get some uniformity throughout my hair. However, if it wouldn't hurt my hair I guess wouldn't mind letting it grow out this way and cutting later.

I guess I have two questions. :lol: (sort of)

1. Should I do the corrective in order to give my hair more uniformity? If so, when would be an appropriate time to do it? Will i need to wait until my next relaxer?

2. Should I just leave my hair alone and embrace that my hair will have different textures for a while?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

morehairplease

Hey sweetie,

You and I are in the same boat right now. I got my natural hair texturizer on October 7th and it is both under and over processed. My plan on action is to give it TLC for the next two months and do a corrective relaxer after my 3 month stretch in December. I have never done a corrective relaxer before so I am a little lost about it, too. I am going to search the forum daily though for threads/info on corrective relaxers.

I hope it all works out for you sweetie b/c I know how frustrating it can be.