Corrective Relaxer

Frustrated

Hi Ladies, I have a new dilema!

My stylist said that I need a corrective relaxer, because I have about 4 different textures on my head. I knew that I was underprocessed because I was so scared to leave the relaxer on because of the breakage. I had my hair cut on 3/29 and there has been no breakage since, do you think it will be ago to get the corrective relaxer now or should I wait awhile?

~*~ShopAholic~*~

It's really up to you, if your not having any trouble dealing with the four textures then I say wait it out if that's what you want to do. But if it's hard for you to deal w/diff. textures then it could cause more harm than good and you should probably just get the corrective relaxer.

Aveena

I had a stylist tell me the same thing at the hair cuttery. Personally, my hair will fall out if I attempt this.... She claims I'm experiencing breakage because of underprocessing.

She says... get it al straight so that you can just roller set and go! I say... BLAH!!!! you aight running no relaxer through the length of my hair. I don't have a problem with the different textures. I think the problem is that SHE has a problem with it.

trulyurangel82

Im having the same problem.
I dont know how they are going to fix mine since my whole back of my head almost looks like a fro lol but there are areas in the back that have different textures.

trulyurangel82

BeautifulWideEyes said:
It's really up to you, if your not having any trouble dealing with the four textures then I say wait it out if that's what you want to do. But if it's hard for you to deal w/diff. textures then it could cause more harm than good and you should probably just get the corrective relaxer.

I agree. It might start to shed.

PaulaDiddy

I totally agree...quite frankly. I have the same problem. I thought about doing the corrective, But I am okay with being underprocess in different areas with different texture of hair. I am just glad that the toughest areas are processed the most.