Corrective relaxer

I'm considering going to a salon for a corrective relaxer. I believe it will help me with my breakage issue I've been having lately. I self-relaxed 2 weeks ago, and I noticed a few underprocessed areas after removing my rollers tonight. My question is: Did your stylist know what a corrective relaxer was or did you have to explain it too her?

neonbright

I'm considering going to a salon for a corrective relaxer. I believe it will help me with my breakage issue I've been having lately. I self-relaxed 2 weeks ago, and I noticed a few underprocessed areas after removing my rollers tonight. My question is: Did your stylist know what a corrective relaxer was or did you have to explain it too her?

My stylist knew how to do one, I suspected I need one I just didn't know how many sections that I was under processed. I didn't get it the same day she showed me, I washed my hair sometime later and saw it clearly for myself. Got the corrective done and now I am happy and apple pie.:rolleyes:

My stylist knew how to do one, I suspected I need one I just didn't know how many sections that I was under processed. I didn't get it the same day she showed me, I washed my hair sometime later and saw it clearly for myself. Got the corrective done and now I am happy and apple pie.:rolleyes:

Did she apply the relaxer to just to underprocessed section or to the whole head?

gymfreak336

I self-relaxed two weeks ago. How long should I wait to get the corrective relaxer?

I would wait atleast 6 weeks. You alo need to make sure you have done a protein treatment before you get it done.

A corrective is just correctin underprocessing. You don't relax the whole head, just the underprocessed parts. The only way you relax the whole head is if you wait your usually number of weeks between relaxers. Then at touch up time, the relaxer is pulled through the underprocessed sections during the last 5-10 mintues. You shouldn't process the underprocessed sections for the same amount of time as newgrowth. They have already been cooked.

neonbright

Gymfreak336, answered the questions before I could. She is right on the money. After the relaxer, have a good deep condish done.