Could My Satin Bonnet Be Causing More Harm Than Good??

that_1_grrrl

I think I am coming to a startling realization: my satin bonnet could be hindering my process.

I wear my satin bonnet all day, everyday. I consider it a form of protective styling. My hair can not brush up against anything if it's tucked underneath my bonnet.

Well, I started off having a good hair day. I co-washed and tried out CHI Keratin Mist. I loved it. It made my hair feel silky and detangling with my fingers was a breeze. Now, I am sitting here, trying to twist a head full of tangles. :blush: The only thing that has happened between now and then is my bonnet. I have worn it all day.

Could that be the root of my problem? I am thinking my hair being in a bonnet all day could cause it to tangle because it allows my hair to shrink up and get smooshed.

I am seriously wondering why my hair is in good health but doesn't seem to be budging in length. There's something going on here. :ohwell:

I am going to try to go a week without dependence on my hair bonnet.

that_1_grrrl

I dont know what it is, but my SILK scarf broke the back of my hair off horribly!!!!!

I am glad I read this because I was planning on wearing silk scarves all summer to hide my hair. It doesn't sound like such a good idea anymore. I think I am just going to wear my hair out and see how it goes. -le sigh-

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I use a satin doo-rag. Just make sure its the smooth ones, some are made of a rougher material. Anyhoo the doo-rag stays put, no rubbing or anything. Great under hats, just flip up the back. Especially good at night, no twisting or falling off.