Crap! I need a new CREAMY leave in!

Chaya

Although I loved my Nioxin, I cant take the newgrowth. I know it sounds crazy but it seems to either makes my hair grow faster and thus the overkill on the new growth OR it makes my new growth coarser. I cant tell. All i know is that I need some relief with a new leave in.
Problem is that I have used almost every leave in recommended on this board icluding mizani,
keracare,
herbal essence,
joico,
redken,
salerm,
nioxin,
deep brilliance,
and rusk smoother.
Of these Rusk Smoother was the worst and Nioxin detangled like a charm, I just am not satisfied with the overgrowth and the itchiness of my scalp. I have 3c/4A hair that I rollerset with my Salerm superactivo drops which I truly love.
I used salerm for my rollerset last week which gave me great rollerset results, its just i need somthing more detangling with all this new growth. Any suggestions? Thanks!

p.s. im thinking about trying Elucence next...

You know what? I forgot all about this one. I never picked this up because I didnt really care that much for the NTM serum or the shampoo so I never bought the leave in. Maybe I will try this one next. Do you like this better than the Elucence?

Hmm never heard of it...
How do you use it? Why do you like it so much? Do you use it to rollerset?
TIA

when i attempt my rollersets(havent perfected it yet) my hair comes out extra soft from using it.

i just slop it on like i do a deep conditioner(only 3.29 at sally BSS), my hair absorbs it and feels sooooo moisturized.

and well, i like it so much b/c of the great moisture, slip, and softness it brings. i havent texturized since august last year(lots of new growth) and this stuff makes me not even realize. i can comb through my hair sooo easily.

weaveitup said:
when i attempt my rollersets(havent perfected it yet) my hair comes out extra soft from using it.

i just slop it on like i do a deep conditioner(only 3.29 at sally BSS), my hair absorbs it and feels sooooo moisturized.

and well, i like it so much b/c of the great moisture, slip, and softness it brings. i havent texturized since august last year(lots of new growth) and this stuff makes me not even realize. i can comb through my hair sooo easily.

*hands over my ears so I can't hear what weavitup is saying*

Can ya'll please stop doing this to me??? I pass by this product everytime I go to the BSS. Now, next time the damn aisle is gonna be calling me. :lol:

But anyway, I also recommend NTM.

Profectiv Breakfree is excellent :up:
But it's a small jar that only lasts me a couple weeks.

I also use Africa's Best Kids Organics Shea Butter Detangling lotion for moisture.

Chaya,

You can't speak ill of the beloved Nioxin!!!!

It's ok. I recommend Lacio Lacio with the Superactivo drops or BBD Stretch. BBD gives me an EXCELLENT rollerset every time, I'm very impressed with the moisturization...

LadyChe said:
Chaya,

You can't speak ill of the beloved Nioxin!!!!

It's ok. I recommend Lacio Lacio with the Superactivo drops or BBD Stretch. BBD gives me an EXCELLENT rollerset every time, I'm very impressed with the moisturization...

Where can you buy BBD...is it only available on a website?

I like Lacio Lacio. This might just be my favorite leave-in. When I blowdry my hiar, it makes it soft and full of body; it also makes my hair more manageable and that is a huge plus because geting a comb through my hair is not always that easy. I like Aveda Elixir for the same reasons.

NTM leave in makes my hair SUPER SOFT new growth included. Its so good I use it daily as a moisturizer as well.

Champagne_Wishes said:
I feel that Lacio Lacio and Sebastian Potion 9 are good leave-ins.

Oh I forgot to mention that I too have used Lacio Lacio. It provides great sheen and a great rollerset, BUT it does not detangle my new growth like I need it to. In fact, I like salerm better than Lacio. I havent tried the Sebastian 9 though.

Amina said:
Where can I find Lacio Lacio and Sebastian Potion 9?
To purchase Lacio Lacio go to http://sickbay.biz and to purchase Sebastian Potion 9 you have several places: Ulta, Trade Secrets, Regis, MasterCuts, BoRics and many high end salons across the nation. As with everything, get the smallest size to "test drive it".

Mane N Tail Conditioner as a leave in is off the chains. This is what I used to do in high school, and my hair was always soft, smooth, thick, and shiny. Thick may not be a good since you mentioned new growth, but aside from that, it's great. It gave me great rollerset results back then too. These days I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture which alot of ladies already mentioned. Giovanni Direct leave-in is good too as long as you dont use too much. My hairdresser used to use some kind of Paul Mitchell Pomade on my hair as a leave in and according to others, my hair looked like Barbie Doll hair when I went to hair.

HTH

Ok so Im going to buy the Nutrogena silk touch to day for my wash/rollerset. I will update later. Thanks!

Ok I bought the NTM silk touch leave in and WHOA! This stuff is great!! I wonder why I didnt try this before!!! It definitely smooth out all the new growth and my rollerset is so light and airly. I used it in conjuction with the Salerm superactivo drops for my rollerset. I used a little of the NTM serum as well. It definitely gave me that smooth, silky rollerset that I was looking for. I used the gray rollers so it gave me all the body I had been looking for. Thanks for your great suggestions. WHY HAVE I BEEN SLEEPING ON THE SILK TOUCH!?!?!?!?!

Back