Crisco is the bomb

Billygirl61

I want to thank the poster who started talking about crisco. I flat ironed my hair with the crisco vegetable shortening in the can and my hair is super shiny and stick straight @the roots. I was not heavy handed at all and I just luv it.

Billygirl61

Sorry I do not due to me being technically challenged. I would definitely encourage you to try it, maybe one piece to see how it looks, that's what I did and after I saw that my hair was not reverting it was on
HTH

~~HoneyComb~~

Glad you had great results!

Empressi has a thread talking about her wonderful results, and MyAngeleyez~C~U has a youtube video on using crisco for the hair for flat ironing, that's how I started using it.

chesleeb

I wonder how this would work to apply to wet hair for a blow out only what do ya'll think? I am very curious for the flat iron tho but I will wait until my hair grows a bit but I will try this on my daughter's hair.

dancinstallion

Glad you had great results!

Empressi has a thread talking about her wonderful results, and MyAngeleyez~C~U has a youtube video on using crisco for the hair for flat ironing, that's how I started using it.

@Honeycomb, You started it when you put that gorgeous picture with that beautiful hair in your siggy saying straightened with crisco.:gorgeous: You had me searching for threads with crisco and I bumped Mz Lizzia's thread.

Last edited:

*~*Afrolicious*~*

I'm curious if any fine haired ladies have tried Crisco and had similar results. After seeing their reviews I'll consider it, but I don't want to fry my fine tresses like I did last year and had to cut my BSL hair to APL :nono:

Last edited:

KurlyNinja

Prepping to flat iron today and I'm using crisco as well. We'll see how it turns out for me, but I'm glad to see all the positive reviews.

empressri

LOL. I think people always expect it to smell like fried chicken or something.

lmao!! I want to say to folks that have asked me that...clearly you must NOT do much cooking!!

Oil is going to smell like whatever you cook with it!! Beforehand is has no scent.

Now if you take your used chicken or fish grease and put it in your hair...that's just taking it to another level.

Jetblackhair

I'm curious if any fine haired ladies have tried Crisco and had similar results. After seeing their reviews I'll consider it, but I don't want to fry my fine tresses like I did last year and had to cut my BSL hair to APL :nono:

I tried Crisco on my fine hair last week and the results were great. My hair came out shiny, soft & straight (I did use heat protectant beforehand). One thing I noticed is that I did not have to use the higher heat. I normally flat iron at about 360 to 370 degrees, but I got my hair straight with just 320 degrees!

I wasn't expecting my hair to be so straight, so I put it in some twists over night to give my hair a bit of texture & fullness. I did not have any reversion even though I added a little moisturizer for hold. Usually when I straighten my hair it's a big FAILURE.

I know this is something that I will not be doing often, but at least I know it works. If you decide to try it, do so on a heat setting lower than what you normally use. Try it on a small section, & see if you can just leave your hair like that for the day.

HTH

BeautifulRoots

Question about the crisco. Would the glycerines in crisco have the same effect as normal glycerin on hair? My hair hates vegetable glycerin and I'm trying to figure out would trying crisco be a good idea for my hair. Any ideas? Here are the ones listed in the ingredients: mono and diglycerides.

Last edited: