Critiques Please!!

blondemane

Hey everyone, I needed some critiques on my new regimen. I'm currently taking out some individual braids with extensions and I'm noticing little broken hairs. I'm a natural 4b and I've been trying to retain length but its a little hard. Since I'm taking these out now I'm going to try to protective style without extensions. I was thinking flat twisting it and pinning it up. My ends are so curly and they tangle and break and have been tempting me to relax. But before I relax I wanted to try every possible to solution first so I was thinking about oil rinsing. Heres the plan/reggie

1. prepoo with coconut oil and grapeseed oil
2. wash with organix shampoo
3. oil rinse with olive oil
4. dc with keracare humectress
5. let airdry in braids

I was also curious if I could do oil rinsing with the crown and glory method. But was also curious if this would be too much oil? THanks for any help!!

*oh and i will detangle first

PPGbubbles

Sounds like a good reggie.

you may need a tad bit of protein to help with the broken hairs. perphaps something mild like Aphogee 2 min

Also remove the braids with lots of oil, that usually helps manage the mechanical breakage from takedown.

As far at the curly ends, you probably need to keep your hair strecthed and be ultra careful when detangling. Using sera's detangling method has really helped with my retention.

blondemane

Thanks I don't have any Aphogee at the moment but I do have cholesterol conditioner. Will that be ok for a week you think?

virtuenow

As far as prepoo:
in order to penetrate and increase effectiveness, I think you should spray your hair w/aloe vera juice before you place the coconut oil in your hair; if you don't have or don't want to get that yet, then spray hair w/water & castor/jojoba oil mix first.

Regarding your shampoo process:
it sounds like you have dry 4b hair already, I think that any shampoo will dry your hair out. I'm not familiar w/Organix, but you should consider just co-washing to maximize retention. Or you can do like me and shampoo your scalp only w/a color applicator bottle. In any case you should dilute your shampoo in the bottle (2-3 squirts of shampoo, fill the rest w/water). Some of the residue shampoo will get to your hair but not enough to strip it.

What is crown and glory method. Since I am an oil rinse queen, I can tell you if oil rinses will work with it but all I remember about c&g is something about caring for hair while in braid extensions.

blondemane

Oh I thought the crown and glory method was washing your hair in twists or braids. Sorry if I got that wrong, still a little new to this hair journey thing lol

virtuenow

Well if thats the case, I usually do my oil rinses (castor oil) while in twists or braids. It only takes a little bit, maybe 1/8tsp per quadraon.