I went to Kroger and went Oil CRAZY! How do you like to use your oils?!

PrissiSippi

Simply Komplex
I went oil crazy.

I stocked up on Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and some more of my backup Coconut Oil. Next time I would probably go to Walmart because the Grapeseed Oil and the Sweet Almond Oil were both like $6. I think that's a little high don't you think? The bottles weren't even that big. Maybe I'm being cheap though because a 16oz bottle of EVOO cost me $5.50 and I thought that was high :lachen:

:spinning::spinning: I guess I went a little overboard because I don't even know how to use the Grapeseed Oil or Sweet Almond Oil. I'm thinking about using it in a prepoo

How do you all like to use your oils?

BlaqBella

Oh i'm natural, but I use them to pre-poo, HOT -oil treatments-, add to DC's, I love to add oils to conditioners (leave-in/treatments), and I want to start adding them to shampoo, though I don't use shampoos often. But when I don't like a leave-in conditioner it usually does better after I doctor it up with my oils. Oh and I use them when I make my own moisturizers in my spray bottles with conditioners.

Tiye

I don't think I've ever seen almond oil at walmart. You don't need a lot of oil for hair and beauty so your $12 investment can go a long way. My oils go fast coz I cook and bake with them too. Sounds like you got a good price on the olive oil. You can easily pay twice that some places.

CurlsBazillion

LOL yeah I went tea and oil crazy in Kroger just recently. I love sweet Almond oil for prepoo and this is my oil of choice for baggying because my hair comes out soooo soft and silky. I also bought avocado oil, check that out next time because I'm loving this oil for the same uses plus sealing.

PrissiSippi

Simply Komplex
LOL yeah I went tea and oil crazy in Kroger just recently. I love sweet Almond oil for prepoo and this is my oil of choice for baggying because my hair comes out soooo soft and silky. I also bought avocado oil, check that out next time because I'm loving this oil for the same uses plus sealing.

I hear yall saying good things about Avocado Oil so that's really what I went in there looking for but I didn't see it!

lamaria211

I have many oils to many probably but I use them for HOTs, adding to DCs and leave ins and my EVOO and EVCO for hair and eating

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
My favorite way to use oils is to add them to my cowash conditioners :D And of course for sealing :3 It's really made a huge difference for my hair.

LoveTheSkinImIn

I almost always use grapeseed oil after whatever leave-in I apply. I like it because it's heavier than jojoba oil but lighter than something like argan oil. And it has that sheen effect but isn't as greasy as olive oil is to my hair. *sigh* I just love grapeseed oil lol

Last edited:

Shadiyah

I went oil crazy.

I stocked up on Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and some more of my backup Coconut Oil. Next time I would probably go to Walmart because the Grapeseed Oil and the Sweet Almond Oil were both like $6. I think that's a little high don't you think? The bottles weren't even that big. Maybe I'm being cheap though because a 16oz bottle of EVOO cost me $5.50 and I thought that was high :lachen:

:spinning::spinning: I guess I went a little overboard because I don't even know how to use the Grapeseed Oil or Sweet Almond Oil. I'm thinking about using it in a prepoo

How do you all like to use your oils?

OMG!! I have not been to Kroger in like 3 yrs. Make me miss Atlanta.

PrissiSippi

Simply Komplex
My little Kroger Stash from Today. Everything cost me $21

CurlsBazillion

Hey @DayDreamist that's where I live! Lol

@SuchaLady
Hey thats whats up!! I live in the country closer to Statesboro but my mom lives in Sav so I'm there a lot! And you're right, ain't nothing like a Ga girl fo sho :lachen:
But yeah I go to the Kroger on E. Victory Drive in McAlpin Square everytime I'm in down there.

OMG!! I have not been to Kroger in like 3 yrs. Make me miss Atlanta.

Shadiyah, omg I remember walking into the Kroger in Sandy Springs for the first time and I was like wow (I was 17). I was living there going to college and I was like this is soooooo much better than the piggly wiggly and bi-lo :lachen:

Last edited:

Queenmickie

Always thinking about my next hairstyle.
The Weleda Rosemary oil I ordered from Vitacost came yesterday. It has a peanut oil base which I'm not crazy about, but it sure does smell nice. It was very light too. I lightly sprayed my hair with my AVJ, then sealed with it last night. I also did a light scalp massage. I pin curled for bed, and in the morning my hair had a beautiful sheen to it.

BostonMaria

I love buying oils and I usually buy mine at Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe. I add them in my deep conditioners, amla treatments, mix 'em up as hot oil treatments, use them for shine (jojoba, grapeseed or avocado). I try not to over do it with the coconut oil because its so greasy.

30something

Grapeseed Oil is great for sealing and adding in conditioner some even use it as a heat protectant or in a Hot Oil treatment. I mostly use it for cooking, its really good for stir fry or anything that requires the oil to be heated at really high temps and it almost flavorless unlike avocado oil which has a higher smoke point. Its my favorite oil the runner up is avocado

Last edited:

darlingdiva

Grapeseed: for soaking my ouchless bands before I band my hair & for unraveling my twists for a twistout

Hempseed: to apply on top of my AO GPB or to use while I'm detangling

Avocado: to apply on top of my AO GPB or to use while I'm detangling

Peppermint: to use when I have a stuffy nose

Castor: to add to my mixture of water and Tigi Bedhead Moisture Maniac