Crown and glory method

Striving4perfection86

hey girls, i need some advice. I'm considerin using the crown and glory method but on their website the informations abit confusing. If some one has any links or info to put me in the right direction please help.
I want to keep my hair in braids, cornrows or twists with my own natural hair, no extensions is that possible? I'm also currently transitioning my hair is bsb but my natural hair is between neck and shoulder length.
Please please please any advice or regimes using crown and glory would be highly appreciated.
TIA:yep:

also is there a way to keep my unatural ends from unravelling?

Last edited:

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i dont know anything about braids and how to keep ends from unraveling....but

if you google ms kibbi hair. watch her video tutorial on how she washes her hair. she uses crown and glory method.

also, reniece tv on you tube has a video of washing and conditioning hair while in twists. this may be helpful too.

Nonie

@THeHaIRLaB, you're a nut! :lol: BTW, I am embarrassed to say I have learned to write your name in your silly mixed letters way. Someone shoot me now.

OP, my experience with braiding my own hair w/o extensions (I have 4B) hair is my hair starts to lock in a very short time. Extension hair seems to keep the strands in the 3 sections used to braid separated so undoing with my fingers while watching TV is a breeze.

I usually wear bangs of my own hair w/o extensions and after a week of wearing braids as bangs, I had a tough time undoing them. Had to use a comb and be in front of a mirror coz fingers could not pull it off since the hair felt like it had merged into one and I needed to see where I was putting the comb. So now I wear twists as bangs coz my hair doesn't lock.

I know there are people who wear braids w/o extensions but I know I can't; not small braids anyway.

Last edited:

lamaria211

i just recently started using the crown and glory method and i have been loving it i have hardly no breakage and im retaining all my length i am however wearing wigs and braiding my own hair no weave

Striving4perfection86

Thank u sooooo much for all your replies, i'm not v computer savvy so i dunno how to quote and reply back to individual comments......all that info has put me in the right direction and i'm truly grateful, i'm so sick of bunning so i'll give this a try for awhile. I've got plenty to read now.
Thank u sooooo much, i knew u ladies would cum through 4 me.:yep:

shunemite

Just wanted to chime in here. I have been doing the crown and glory method for about a year now. I keep it simple. Very. I have to, coz I'm in med school doing rotations. I do 3 things: shampoo weekly, condition spray, and care for the scalp. That's it.

Shampoo: What I do is shampoo with the diluted shampoo in one of those bottles with a nozzle on the end (like a ketchup bottle). I don't manipulate the hair with my fingers
Condition: I don't DC. I tried to one time and the braids were slipping out. (This may not be you, I'm just saying that was me). I spray the ends with a protein leave-in like Aphogee.
Scalp care: ONLY on wash day, I have a spray called "Better Braids" that has a tiny amount of salicylic acid in it to prevent dandruff.
Lastly: I only keep braids in from 6 to 8 weeks. It's expensive, I know. But before when I did the 4 month (yikes!!!!) thing I had massive tangles and dreading at the edges.