Curious and a little excited!!! Has anyone tried this...

Ashawn Arraine

It's Shea Moisture Hair repair and Transition Kit.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/shea-moisture-hair-repair-&-transition-kit/ID=prod6057768-product

Here is one and only review of it (was it one of you?:lol:)

MUST have this to transition ladies!
Date:July 7, 2011
im 7months into transition & cldnt have made it without this kit. could tell hugh diff after first use. really helped soften my new growth. the shampoo is a MUST. conditioner is good too i use it as a leave-in. deep treat masque- ?? not a good deep conditioner. elixir- used once to rollerset, sprayed on wet hair, results were ok. dont use too much. overall great purchase

Anyway let me know what you ladies think and if anyone has tried it, if not I'll be the guinea pig and come back and give a review.

mg1979

I think this is just the Shea Moisture gold label products: the Shea Moisture Retention shampoo, Reconstructive Elixir, Restorative Conditioner, & Deep Treatment Masque. If you search for them individually, you'll find more that have tried them even though they didn't purchase the transitioning kit. I liked the shampoo but it started to smell after awhile, probably because I left it in the shower. The Conditioner was okay, nothing special. The Masque only worked if I applied to saturated hair and used heat. Never tried the Elixir, some of the reviews say its pretty heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

Hmm, seems more like marketing than any special product that aids in transition. It looks to be the basic products to a regimen and based on the description of the elixir, it may be marketed toward people who plan on heat styling frequently.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I have it even though I'm already natural. I only bought it so I could try the individual products without splurging on the full sizes.

The way the products are displayed in the box is the way its supposed to be used. Cleanse hair with the shampoo, follow that with the regular conditioner (which can be used as a rinse out or leave in), finish with the elixir. Use the mask for extra conditioning as needed.

The best thing out of the kit is the shampoo. It cleanses, detangles, and moisturizes all at the same time. And a little bit goes a long way. It really only takes one lather for me to get my hair clean with this.

The restorative conditioner is pretty good too. I prefer it more as a leave in than a regular rinse out. Use a little at a time though because it can leave a lingering white residue if not fully absorbed.

The mask is okay, but I can get cheaper alternatives to do the same thing if not better. The one in the kit is a little thicker than the kind in the jar, but both work the same on the hair.

I abhor the elixir. Its like a dry spray oil or something. It is super greasy. It says it can be used after heat styling but it just sat on my hair. I'm using it to sealing in my moisturizer right now, but once it's gone, I will NEVER repurchase or use it again.

aicramphoto

I also tried just the elixir and it is super heavy. I use it after a moisturizer, it works for me better as a sealer. I haven't used it yet after flat-ironing, but that's a good idea. Since this is part of the transitioning kit, maybe the idea was to use it for ladies who are stretching or flat-ironing while transitioning. That explains the heaviness.

PS: Go light!:ohwell: