Design Essentials Seamless Transition

AllAboutMoi

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if anyone has tried Design Essentials Seamless Transition during their transition to natural hair. If not perhaps I'll be the guinea pig.

I searched before posting this and I didn't find anything.

Here is the description: To make a seamless transition from relaxed to natural hair, you must keep it moisturized, strengthened and conditioned on a regular basis. Your hair will look so good that it will take months for you to notice that you have not relaxed your hair.

http://www.designessentials.com/de/page.jsp?s=40&p=65

Last edited:

back2relaxed

Interesting...I was having a moment trying to decide if I was ready to transition. I have for the moment decided to wait until I reach my goal of between APL and BSL...that way when I have to trim I will be where I want to be, and not in a short bob! But this stuff looks really good.

beana

I think its a great idea that Design Essentials has taken the time to market a system geared towards transitioning women, its very profitable too.

I looked at the website and its basically a set of already existing DE products they feel will smooth hair and reduce breakage during the transitionperiod. I plan on using BKT for my "seamless transition". I hope that more companies will take the time to develop products marketed towards transitioning- to-natural women.

loulou82

I am actually going to use this system when I regularly straighten. Both Too Groovy Salon and Robin Groover, popular natural salons, use DE. The results look like a fresh but bouncy relaxer. Here's a YT clip of a stylist using the system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMuRR0fktrs

I was deciding between Mizani Thermasmooth, DE, and Redken Butter Down but I'm going with DE because I like the products and have seen ladies on the forum with great results.

ETA: momi, NaturalinAtlanta, and ZZirvingj are natural and all get BEAUTIFUL results when they go to Too Groovy. Momi also uses the system at home.

Last edited:

bludaydreamr

My stylist who started my transition 2007 used DE products and steam treatments. In four months my hair was in so much better condition, so she asked me if I wanted to relax, by that time I had found the board and was too curious to see what hair would look like.

At the end of 07 then company added SLS to the shampoo, my hair was 11 months post it didn't respond the same to the new product. The more I researched, the more I learned, and started to find more natural products for my hair.

Last edited:

hurricane

Bumping. I think I will subscribe to this. I am interested in transitioning. Keep me posted on the results.