Curl Loosener made by Loreal?

Avaya

Short version:
Have you heard of a non chemical, curl loosening product produced by Loreal?

Long version:
A friend of mine gets her hair done by Loreal. She is natural. They are testing new products on her hair. One such new product is supposed to loosen the curl pattern without using chemicals. She said they are reformulating their old formula. I have never heard of a product by Loreal that is non chemical and loosens tightly curled hair.

I did her hair once before the "curl loosener" was used and it was extremely resistant to blow drying and flat ironing (ionic/ceramic/tourmaline heating appliances used). The next time I did her hair, after Loreal applied the curl loosner, it was like night and day.

They sectioned off three areas of hair: old product, reformulated product, and no product. The section with no product was resistant but all the rest of her hair straightened like a dream. I must have asked her about 5 times "Are you sure they didn't put a chemical in your hair?" she was like no, no chemical.

Have you heard of a curl loosner produced by Loreal? Like I said, they are testing their reformulated version but apparently the old version has existed for years. My friend said she thinks the loosner is only sold to licensed cosmetologists. Why? Woman go natural to get away from having to be a slave to the salon (at least that's why I plan on doing it).

I'm telling you, her hair responded better to flat ironing than my relaxed hair. Granted she has fine hair and my hair is medium/coarse, but again, like I said, before they used this curl loosner, I could not get her hair to look like it had been straightened at all. Also, her hair texture didn't feel any different after she washed it, however, it responded differently to heat application than previously, andddd, absolutely no breakage!

I need to get my hands on some of this stuff! It will make stretching my relaxers, heck, going natural a dream!

This sounds really interesting. Sounds like it manipulates the hydrogen bonds and temporarily re-orients the sulfur bonds to straighten. It's about time the beauty industry markets less damaging ways to straighten our hair.

is it temporary or permament. because i wouldnt want to use anything on my hair that will gradually straighten it, id want to wash back in my curls.

im just looking for a product to help control the frizz

silvergirl said:
is it temporary or permament. because i wouldnt want to use anything on my hair that will gradually straighten it, id want to wash back in my curls.

im just looking for a product to help control the frizz

Silver,

It's supposed to be temporary.

Never heard of it and wouldn't use it regardless.

If it needs to be applied by a stylist, then that's a problem. It screams chemical application.

Hey, I started this thread! :lol:

My friend moved away :sad: so she stopped serving as Loreal's guinea pig. I still haven't seen anything about this product outside of the testing she did.

Back