Curly Weave Recs

kandyland

I'm hoping to get a curly weave install by amandita..(thanks divinefavor for the info)

My issue is what hair to buy:
I want kinky-curly hair
I want it to retain its curl w/ low maintenance
be able to withstand almost daily Conditioner washes (swim season)
possibly re-usable as I plan to start a weave grow out challenge for a year or two.

Any recommendations?
TIA

Chanteuse

You should check out the weave forum at blackhairmedia.com. They have a ton of vendor info on it. A few websites that I've heard of are naturegirl.net, allaboutmyhair.com and mahaircollection.com. I haven't used any of them so can't vouch for them but they get relatively good reviews. Good luck with your search!

BrockStar

I recommend Bijoux (in a green package) if you're looking for a cheap option...You can check out my fotki. I used it from december to april in the fotki pics...hope this helps!

glamazon386

I agree with the ladies who said to go to BHM. You're going to need to get a remy hair if you want to cowash. Those BSS hairs are not gonna hold up to the washing. They will matt.

malachi74

I recommend Bohyme Brazilian Wave. It's perfect, it's the hair in my siggy and it loves daily co-washes. Only thing is that for the cost ($78 on hairsisters.com) it sheds just like the cheaper brands. I swear when I had this in I had ppl approaching me daily asking me how I manage my hair, asking for growth tips and recommendations for moisurizers!They couldn't tell it was a weave b/c it was the real kinky-curly texture. LOL, I loved it.

Chanteuse

I recommend Bohyme Brazilian Wave. It's perfect, it's the hair in my siggy and it loves daily co-washes. Only thing is that for the cost ($78 on hairsisters.com) it sheds just like the cheaper brands. I swear when I had this in I had ppl approaching me daily asking me how I manage my hair, asking for growth tips and recommendations for moisurizers!They couldn't tell it was a weave b/c it was the real kinky-curly texture. LOL, I loved it.

That is SOOOO pretty!

glamazon386

I've been wanting to try this hair for forever. It looks lovely. Did you use one pack or two?

Last edited:

Suerte

I totally co-sign this!

The texture is amazing. Get the tracks reinforced and that hair will last you years. Seriously, years. I have some Bohyme French Refined that is 2 years old and the Brazillian Wave is 2 years old as well. I got 3 packs of each and I Installed with 1.5 packs the first 3 times and then added another .5 of a pack for 2 installs and another .5 pack for the last 3 installs. I still have a whole pack. As certain pieces thin I just use new hair. The back 2-4 rows usually get torn up from wear and tear. I love that Brazillian Wave stuff. I got 30% off at the BSS when I bought all the packs.

malachi74

Thanks for the compliments. I used one full pack and about 1/5 of a second pack. If I'd spaced the tracks out more when I started I could've gotten away with only one pack because the hair is super-thick.

Kandyland, I REALLY recommend the Brazilian Wave! I've tried Sensationnel's Goddess Remi French Wave and it was okay, but it's more of a 2c-3a texture where I would call the Brazilian Wave a 3c-4a. For me the French Wave got matted often and I had to do alot to blend the texture. With the Brazilian Wave, it behaves exactly how my natural hair behaves so it was easy to blend. I didn't have to buy a million products to kep it looking nice, just cowash in the morning and apply moisturizer, that's it.

To chime in on what Suerte's saying, I also kept the hair after I took the sew-in down and it looks in good-enough shape to use it later for another sew-in of just for ponytails. It's really good quality.

Suerte, how do you "reinforce" the tracks? Do you mean apply bonding glue to the tracks? Is it hard to sew-in after reinforcement?

Suerte

Suerte, how do you "reinforce" the tracks? Do you mean apply bonding glue to the tracks? Is it hard to sew-in after reinforcement?

When I reinforce I sew over the tracks on a sewing machine. Just a very simple very thin thread in the X pattern (my sewing machine has lil buttons for stitch shapes and pre-set patterns) across the tracks. I don't use weaving thread cuz it's too thick. I use regular thread in a color matching the weft.

I never use glue. I never quite understood using glue on tracks for sew ins even though hair stylists do it all the time.

It's not harder to sew in because it barely makes a difference in the thickness. The first couple times I did it I used regular ol' weaving thread and it was hard to push the needle through so I switched it to the sewing thread.

glamazon386

Kandyland, I REALLY recommend the Brazilian Wave! I've tried Sensationnel's Goddess Remi French Wave and it was okay, but it's more of a 2c-3a texture where I would call the Brazilian Wave a 3c-4a. For me the French Wave got matted often and I had to do alot to blend the texture. With the Brazilian Wave, it behaves exactly how my natural hair behaves so it was easy to blend. I didn't have to buy a million products to kep it looking nice, just cowash in the morning and apply moisturizer, that's it.

I would agree about the French Wave. That's what I usually wear and I love the hair but once I went natural it didn't blend well with my hair at all. I could get away with it when I was relaxed and transitioning but not anymore. I have to do a bang or something. Plus my hair looks dull compared to the weave which is kind of shiny. That's why I was looking for something closer and I had never seen the Brazilian Wave installed. You know those weave pictures on the hair websites/packages never do the hair justice. :lol: Thanks for the info though. I'm gonna try it out soon.