Cutting natural hair

jennboo

Yep.

I'm never going to cut my hair natural hair while it's in a free form state ever again.

From here on out...any cutting that i do to my hair will be done while it is in mini twists.

'tis all :perplexed

southerncitygirl

yeah when i need a dusting every 6months or so i get my stylist to blow it out and flatiron it. i have waaay too much shrinkage and my hair is cut in layers, i would look a hot mess if i tried to trim it in its natural state. i have heard about clipping the ends of twists to trim and this seems ok.

jennboo

So i basically thought i would be fancy and cut my hair myself in its shrunken state :rolleyes:

When i was almost done twisting after the cut, it was horrendously uneven in the back...so i had to cut it some more (in the twists) to even it out a bit. It worked.

Then i realized that, because i cut the back, it kind of threw off the natural layers and shape i had going on, and i love the way my natural hair grows out.

So because the shape was off due to the massive cutting in the back i just snipped it some more throughout while it was in the mini twists to get some shape/layers back and all is well again.

BUT...needless to say, i unnecessarily lost hair in this process.

So, yea, cutting in twists from here on out.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I fully understand. My hair has major shrinkage so while its much longer than I realize at times, once it dries, it can look like a TWA nearly. :-/

I was scared so I trimmed in twists.

barbie87

wow you have guts gurl:yep: I'm so affraid to cut my own hair. I want to do it every 4 months but i'm pushing it to 6 months bc the last time i felt my hair stylist was to ruff with my hair. I have had issues with my scalp and i was in pain after i left there. plus the detangling was something that i would never in a million years to myself.but the trim was perfect, very even and healthy looking. i want her to cut it but I think when i go I will wash and detangle my hair and then have her do the rest idk...

sorry for the random vent :perplexed