Lunar Calendar Morrocco Method And Blunt Cutting

LdyKamz

I've been wondering about this for a long time. While I don't think I understand the calendar and the point of cutting at certain times I kind of like the blunt cutting idea. I've watched several videos and they are all on white/straight to wavy hair. They all seem to part down the middle or use their natural part and cut front to back doing both sides one at a time. Then they pull all the hair to the front (working front to back) and even both sides out that way.

The ONE video I could find with natural hair he didn't do it that way. The girl had twists all over her head and he just unraveled each one and snipped off the ends. And he kept going back over some sections where he missed hair. Meanwhile in the other videos he mentions several times not to do that. So how is the way he cut the natural girls hair considered the Morrocco Method? He insists that the hair be cut curly instead of straight for natural girls.

Can anyone explain this to me. Or let me know how they normally do it? I think I'd like to start blunt cutting/trimming every few months.

GGsKin

Not sure how going twist by twist will achieve an even blunt cut but I've read plenty of women on this board and you tube, trim or dust their hair with twists or braids.

I Googled blunt snip cut and most the vids and links seemed to be his but then I found this link and the decription sounds like it should result in a blunt cut. However it seems difficult to achieve without help from someone else.

http://www.sharplinescissors.com/blunt_cut.html

Last edited:

LdyKamz

@MileHighDiva
<iframe width="660" height="371" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="660" height="371" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LdyKamz

Maybe the second one isn't using the Morrocco Method? Maybe she just trims by the calendar. I don't know. How does everyone else do it?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I do the blunt snip method in sections. I trim an even amount from the back, both sides, the middle and the front. My hair isn't long enough to just pull it forward and snip. I have natural layers so I trim to even the layers every 3 months.

bluenvy

I don't know about following an blunt cut for Morocco Method. I just trim away half inch to an inch if needed to rid split ends.

I usually do this during Spring equinox, summer solstice, or fall Equinox. I haven't yet tried Winter solstice. Trimming during seasonal equinox or solstice supposed to be powerful cutting times.

During each month we have 5 cutting cycles. Thicken, Beautify, Lengthen, Root Work, and Strengthen.
One of these cycles each month, will be highlighted as the best cutting days to benefit your hair. Just like the equinox or solstice will be set on one of these cycles.
Based on your hair needs you choose either one.

Instead of going with Winter solstice this month (during Root Work cycle), I am trimming on Lengthen days 16-18. Since I want more length.

Dee Raven

I love this cutting method. I think it will really resolve my hair issues. Can't wait to try. Thanks for sharing.

LdyKamz

@Prettymetty my hair isn't long enough to pull to the front either. But I think I will do the part down the middle thing. As long as I take off the same amount in every section my hair shouldn't be terrible uneven. And as it gets longer I'll start pulling to the front. I just didn't like the way he cut the black girls hair.

bluenvy

Hey @Prettymetty I usually get late year early year growth spurts.

I am confused about how often this method is to be done. I do as I need ends trimmed (twice yearly).
Is this method supposed to be done once every month?
I can't even think about trimming/dusting every month :nono:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Hey @Prettymetty I usually get late year early year growth spurts.

I am confused about how often this method is to be done. I do as I need ends trimmed (twice yearly).
Is this method supposed to be done once every month?
I can't even think about trimming/dusting every month :nono:
You can dust your ends once a month with this method, but only if you have a super fast growth rate. I do it every 3 months. Once each season.