daily conditioner washes (LADIES I NEED SOME ADVICE)

shortee

HELLO

For all you ladies that conditioner wash everyday or every other day, what is your secret to getting tangle free, soft, bouncy hair?

Generally when i cowash some times it dries all crunchy and other times it is fine. I understand that consistancy is key, so any tips on products and technique will be helpfull.

TIA

chebaby

i co wash everyday with vo5 followed by a nice thick conditioner that i can leave in for ten minutes or so. and then a good leave in. for me its carols daughter's hair milk.

Eisani

Make sure you're not using a cond loaded w/protein. This can leave your hair hard/crunchy/dry feeling. If you feel like you need a bit of protein, balance or mix it w/a moisturizing cond. I also like to use some of my cond as a leave in and I always seal w/JBCO or EVCO. I finger comb and use a shower comb and Denman brush every few days to detangle and remove shed hair. Moisture is definitely vital for good CW's. What products are you using to CW and afterwards?

ETA: I also wash it all going in one direction; back/down. This definitely cuts down on tangles

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Make sure you're not using a cond loaded w/protein. This can leave your hair hard/crunchy/dry feeling. If you feel like you need a bit of protein, balance or mix it w/a moisturizing cond. I also like to use some of my cond as a leave in and I always seal w/JBCO or EVCO. I finger comb and use a shower comb and Denman brush every few days to detangle and remove shed hair. Moisture is definitely vital for good CW's. What products are you using to CW and afterwards?

ETA: I also wash it all going in one direction; back/down. This definitely cuts down on tangles

This is what I was gonna suggest. My hair is always soooo soft when I use regular conditioner as a leave in. Also, don't use a lot of product, that can cause your hair to dry hard.

What conditioners do you use to co wash? Have you played around with a few brands, or have you stuck to one conditioner?

Missi

I co-wash w/ Organix Coconut Conditioner: rinse under the shower while detangling w/ my shower comb & again w/ Kids Organic Shea Butter Lotion and rinse under the show w/ my Denman and it glides right through:

i usually just let my hair airdry in a ponytail but l don't know what to do w/ it at night: its too poofy.

so I roll my ponytail in a roller and let it dry: than baggy

shortee

I co wash with Audreys honeysuckle rose or nexxus or ors depending on my mood. After i add lacio lacio a little ntm and betty huttons oil. then i put my hair in a ponytail and tie it down with a scarf. but when i wake up in the morning its always hard on the top of my head and tangled in the back. I dont like to comb my hair while its wet i tend to loose what i think is alot of hair ( i use a jibree shower comb)

Mz.Shug

Co-wash with HE hello moisturizer. I dentangle with my fingers very gently..no pulling, then wash. I slap on some ORS olive oil and comb my hair in sections ,again very gently, and i pincurl each section after I detangle and air dry. The result soft shiney curly fabulousness!! HTH

SouthernTease

Suave Tropical Coconut & Jilbere Shower Comb... detangling only when hair is full of conditioner and under shower head...

oh... I found that if I pre-co-wash or leave conditioner on for at least 5 minutes... it's much easier to detangle...

afterwards I just pin it up and put on a scarf until it's dry enough to
leave the house.

myronnie

I co-wash w/ Organix Coconut Conditioner: rinse under the shower while detangling w/ my shower comb & again w/ Kids Organic Shea Butter Lotion and rinse under the show w/ my Denman and it glides right through:

i usually just let my hair airdry in a ponytail but l don't know what to do w/ it at night: its too poofy.

so I roll my ponytail in a roller and let it dry: than baggy

I used to be a frequent washer and detangling after every wash is VERY VERY important.
I would get matts if i just co washed and tried to finger detangle under the shower..
Now, i braid my hair into two braids(they have to be neatly braided..no sloppy braids) and then cowash them, and take them down individually and detangle them carefully with my seamless Jilbere comb. I haven't had a matt/tangle yet *knock on wood*