Daily moisturizer for fine, thin hair

WantNatural

Hi ladies! I'm doing some research for my sister who has relaxed hair, fine strands, thin density. She needs a daily moisturizer, preferably a drugstore brand, but I will pass on any suggestions. She has very fine, flyaway hair that will not hold a curl, so she's looking for something to give her moisture and add some weight to her hair. Any suggestions are welcome!

PJaye

I'm natural, but I believe my hair to be fine and it will flyaway at the drop of a hat, in addition to laughing uproariously at being curled (even my rollersets come out looking stringy and uncurled); I am unsure of its density. What I've found to be most effective are using creamy leave-ins and adding oils throughout my regimen as much as possible.

One moisturizing product that I particularly like is Hawaiian Silky because it has a creamy consistency; however, I had to add oil to it because it seemed to make my hair somewhat dull. Another good product for me is Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer. It, too, has a creamy consistency and is weighty enough to perform well without being overpowering. BB Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion is another good moisturizer, but use it sparingly or the hair will look like it was dunked in a container of used fish grease. All other moisturizers either disappeared in my hair as if nothing had ever been applied, or contained protein. Hope this has helped.

TamedTresses

Try sealing in whatever moisturizer you choose from those suggested with 100% shea butter. This helps a lot with my flyaways. I think it may be due to its consistency. You don't need to use a lot to get the job done either.

sweetpuff

i'd go for
Kid's organic Shea butter moisturizing hair lotion.
The hair lotion is very light to the touch, non greasy or thick. I have thin strands and fine to medium density hair and when i relaxed my hair I would use this to moisturize my hair .

In the winter, (I'm in Canada) I'd use Organic root stimulator olive oil hair lotion. it's much thicker.

hope it helps.

Attachments

• 03428556712_450x450_a.jpg
    03428556712_450x450_a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 31-uUzojGNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    31-uUzojGNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4

Mz.Shug

Fine and thin here and I love Hairveda's whipped creme:ends hydration and vatika frosting to seal with a passion.:yep:

jasminea

I spray my hair nightly with wave nouveau moisturizing finishing mist and seal with coconut oil. This has helped add texture to my thin hair without looking like it has too much product buildup.

tnorenberg

Hawaiian Silky is just ok for me. Nothing to write home about. It's creamy but ultimately when it dries, leaves my hair dry feeling too. The best I have yet to find and stock up on whenever I find it is Lacio Lacio. I have fine hair and it leaves it feeling soft and silky even after it dries and the next day. It doesn't weigh the hair down and smells great. That would be my top choice.

DarkHair

I have fine hair as well. I use Neutrogena Triple Moisture creamy leave-in. I don't use that much. I've been using it a year and am only on my second bottle. However, I'm not using it in the winter. I use coconut and olive oils during these months.

HairBarbie

i'd go for
Kid's organic Shea butter moisturizing hair lotion.
The hair lotion is very light to the touch, non greasy or thick. I have thin strands and fine to medium density hair and when i relaxed my hair I would use this to moisturize my hair .

In the winter, (I'm in Canada) I'd use Organic root stimulator olive oil hair lotion. it's much thicker.

hope it helps.
I've being looking for kids Organics but I've never been able to find it anywhere. I really want to try it. I'm almost out of ORS but I don't want to get anything except kids organics.

WantNatural

Thanks for all of the replies ladies! I will direct my sister to this thread, there are great suggestions here!