Daily Washers: How often do U trim?

FrizzMizz

Okay, so already I trimed my hair twice for the year.

In early January and March.

I was hoping that I would have to trim until August.

NOOOOTTTTTT. I'm starting to get these little knots on my ends. I hate knots.

I 'm natural. I wash daily, protect ends with product and airdry in a ponytail. I can't bun my hair cuz it's not long enough and it's all different lenghths.

Daily airdry washers, do you find that you have to trim/dust more or less?

ADB

I'm on the no trim challenge right now, but even before that I didn't trim unless it really needed it.

OnceUponAtime

Frizz Mizz - I've had to trim once this year, and I dust monthly (if needed). I get those knots too.
Nothing stops the knots for me, not even the trims. I dust anyway to gradually trim away knots and any left over relaxed ends.

By the way, I love your hair! I sometimes wear the same curly style as you show in the pics. Also, it looks like we have a similar hair type, but you look so well moisturized. I'm on the dry side. Our routines are similar (daily con wash, aridry, product to protect ends).

Transitioner (mostly natural),
currently 9-10 inches (except crown)

26INCHHAIR

I dont trim that often maybe 2 or 3 times a year, because i want ot retain as much length as possible, also protective styles keeps my ends fairly healthy, and as long as i dont use heat i dont get split ends

Kha

I'm also on a trim challenge because my trims turn into cuts. I don't think I trim more than 3 times a year..if that.

CaramelKiss

I'm natural too. I've trimmed twice alread this year. Once in January and again 1 week ago. I expect to trim 2x more before the year is out.

Ericka

Dusting is a good method if your reluctant to going to a stylist to get a trim. So when the time comes when you do make up you mind to go, you may not need as much cut off than you think. I've just started to try the the dusting method and love it, the only thing is, my hair is shoulder length so i can only do the front and sides, the back is just not gonna happen. Good luck.