Darcy's Botanicals. Anyone tried their products?

Sridevi

It's been a while since I've added any new products to my arsenal. I'm very tempted by this company's product listing which has a lot of natural products for black hair. In particular I'm intrigued by the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and Organic Palm Fruit and Cherry Kernel Butter which is listed as a vegan product.

Has anyone tried any of these products?

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6311551

redecouvert

I have also tried Darcy's Botanicals, actually...lol..I have most of her products and counting down the days for the pomades to come out!
not only the quality is great, very nourishing products and she puts so much hard work into her products.

I got the palm fruit butter in lavender vanilla...
Lately i've been using it along with the tucuma hair butter

morehairplease

I have also tried Darcy's Botanicals, actually...lol..I have most of her products and counting down the days for the pomades to come out!
not only the quality is great, very nourishing products and she puts so much hard work into her products.

I got the palm fruit butter in lavender vanilla...
Lately i've been using it along with the tucuma hair butter

Awesome! I got your message and reviews on any of her products would be great. I had not heard of etsy until you posted about your purchase in the March hits & misses thread.....clue me in please

redecouvert

sure thing :)

do check out Empressri youtube video here
All of her products are great!
Now since I also have others products, there are some of her products that I don't really need but will purchase from time to time to treat myself and my hair.

the madagascar vanilla styling creme is a must have. It is smells sooo good!
I used it to add some shine and moisture to my hair. I still have to use it for twists...
i also loove it as a body butter. It just makes me feel sexy!! lol

the coconut hibiscus oil: very lovely! I use it to seal moisture or a little bit to add some shine. It smells like fresh coconut. I can live without it

the organic coconut aloe moisture pudding: very lovely. It is great for detangling, doesn't cause any build up for those who lock and provides much moisture. I usually use it then follow it with the coconut hibiscus oil. I can also without this product..

the tucuma butter: a must have! very moisturizing and light!

the organic palm and cherry kernel butter: a must have! very lovely, light, moisturizing and enhances the natural texture! I loove it!

the organic coconut lavender poo bar: a must have!! great for hair and body and is amaazing

south african glaze: a must have! it is so relaxing, can be used on hair and body

whipped shea butter: amaazing!! a great treat for yourself. It sinks in easily and the rosewood patchouli is my favorite..

kalahari oil: very lovely!! she also uses it in some of her products so i don't need the full size

luscious amber perfume oil: laaaaaaaaaawd have mercy!!! enticing, sexy, amaazing!! a must have!!
hope that helps :)

p.s: as soon as the pomades are out, i am ordering all of them

alittlestar

I ordered some stuff after checking out Empressi's review. I don't even have curly hair but I am a PJ and I love natural stuff. I only got a few things. I wanted to try them out first before I went all crazy and placed a big order.

Anyhow, I got the coconut lemongrass transitioning creme, and the melon seed and peach kernel oil hair and body nectars. They smell so good. I have on the melon seed now. They are good for the hair and the body :) yum.
I can't really give a review on the coconut lemongrass creme yet. My order just came a few days. So far so good, but I will give it more time.

HTH !

Kay.Dee

well I got mine and I don't like it
the vanilla styling cream has a barely there scent of vanilla. I usually like vanilla scents but this one...not really.
I would not recommend this if you have very fine hair that gets weighed down easily. It's really greasy, but I should have known by looking at the ingredients (beeswax). The texture is really heavy.

I'm going to try the peach hairdressing when I take out my current twists in 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll like this one

but it came nicely packaged and she included a sample of juicy peach kernel oil.

chebaby

im waiting on my order to come. im not natural but im a pj so.......
i am transitioning though so even if they dont work now maybe they will on my natural hair.
i only ordered the palm fruit butter and the juicy hairdress.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Oh lawd, not MORE products!.... PJ..... Monster...... Emerging.....

redecouvert

@boston maria: lemme know how you like the products. I am a huuuge Darcy's Botanicals fan! :)

@tiffers: you know you want to try the products

chebaby

@chebaby: how did you like the products?

Ladies she launched more products :)
I am still a happy camper :)
i hated the products i ordered. but at the time i wasnt natural so i dont know.
there are other products by her i want to try but i dont know yet.

AllieCat0817

Wow. I just said in another thread that I DIDN'T need to try any new stuff.. cuz my PJism is cured by Hairveda, SheScentIt, KBB and Jasmines. Till I went on the Darcys site. Is it possible that Darcy's daily leave in could replace my KBB nectar?!!! ugh. I am wanting to try that pina colada fragrance..

redecouvert

@chebaby:aaw....I am sorry to hear about that. You can use some of them as body butters that way you won't feel like you lost your money.

@Alliecat: I got it too but unscented. I am too addicted to KBB to say goodbye but it is always nice to have an alternative :)

AllieCat0817

Bumpin cuz I did place an order just now.
Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (pina colada- my FAVE BEVERAGE OF ALL TIME)
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (coconut patchouli)
Natural Coils Curling Jelly (I am a Hairveda Whipped Gelly FREAK, gave away ALL my other gels... so we'll see how I like this one).

I also want to try the tucuma butter, kalahari melon seed nectar, and a few other things but those will wait. I read on NC.com that she is coming out with a kalahari seed body and hair shampoo bar. Want that too when it's out.

Hope I like em! Adding em to my HV, SheScentIt, KBB, Jasmine's mix!

ctosha

I was recently at Honefig store and the owner said she will be getting a few items to "test it out" with the customers. She did not state which items specifically. I can't wait to try.

AllieCat0817

I got my order today:
Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (pina colada- my FAVE BEVERAGE OF ALL TIME)
Daily Leave-In Conditioner (coconut patchouli)
Natural Coils Curling Jelly

Everything smells awesome. It is possible that the leave ins will replace my KBB hair nectar just because it's $12 instead of $16 for the same size. Will try them tonight.

AllieCat0817

OOOOH I really really like the Coconut Patchouli scent of one of the leave ins. This scent is SOO me! I've used the leave in as lotion so far & the scent is soo good. I will apply it to damp hair tonight after I wash out this Silicon Mix DC. So far I am diggin it.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
AllieCat--You are too funny. I had crossed Darcy's off my list but I may be getting a bit antsy. Shoot gotta go take a look.

chebaby

my madagascar styling butter should be here tomorrow or saturday. i cant wait to try it. as i said before, i was a lil dissapointed in the other two products i tried so im hoping this is much better.

BeetleBug

I like the Daily Leave in but I use Knot Today now b/c I can get it locally. The leave in has a lot of slip and I like the fact that she has scent selections. I did not like the vanilla styling cream. It was too heavy and it smelled like bourbon. It was also difficult to rinse out. The curling jelly was nice. It smells like peaches and it has a real slippery texture. It's comparable to KCCC imo.

I see that she is introducing new products on BF. I think one of the products will be Winter Spice Oil. I'll be ordering that and I hope she's coming out w/ a hair butter w/ scent selections