Dark Blue Hair, Sedu Revolution Review, Horrible Rollerset- Lots of Pics

leona2025

I dyed my hair dark blue 2 weeks ago with Manic Panic. It was so dark it looked almost black and with a few washes it turned a nice blue green, which was the first color I tried to dye my hair. The hair that was dyed was so shiny I wish they made a clear rinse.

I ordered my 12 piece Sedu kit from Folica on a Wed. morning and I got it on a Friday. I have to say I loooove it. My hair is really shiny and light weight. The flat iron does make a difference. Its has a nice weight to it. Its not super light which I like because those type of irons feel fragile to me. I like the shortie for the roots in my crown.

I also did a horrible rollerset. I just knew it would be fire when I took the rollers out. Wrong. I had the tightest curliest little afro ever and I couldn't do a thing with it. I think it's the seperating the curls that makes my sets ugly.

A few Pictures. The rest are in my fotki under Manic Panic Blue After Midnight Blue and BKT 2.

BostonMaria

Your straightened hair looks beautiful. Didn't a stylist go scissor happy on you last fall?

As far as the rollerset, you probably need bigger rollers. I would try the 2" gray ones.

leona2025

Your straightened hair looks beautiful. Didn't a stylist go scissor happy on you last fall?

As far as the rollerset, you probably need bigger rollers. I would try the 2" gray ones.

Lol I was trying to get a curly set, but that was not hot. I used the smallest foam rollers. My sister said I should be shame to show that picture to anyone, lol. Yep my hair was cut last fall I believe. Then I developed a lot of splits so I had to have it trimmed again. I've been abusing heat again :nono: so I need another trim. I just can't leave the flat iron alone.

BostonMaria

Lol I was trying to get a curly set, but that was not hot. I used the smallest foam rollers. My sister said I should be shame to show that picture to anyone, lol. Yep my hair was cut last fall I believe. Then I developed a lot of splits so I had to have it trimmed again. I've been abusing heat again :nono: so I need another trim. I just can't leave the flat iron alone.

Your sister is so mean! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

ceebee3

It looks really good. I love the Sedu too. So does the mini work as well as the regular iron?

I was considering purchasing one for my roots but the reviews on Folica weren't so great.

Thanks

leona2025

It looks really good. I love the Sedu too. So does the mini work as well as the regular iron?

I was considering purchasing one for my roots but the reviews on Folica weren't so great.

Thanks

I like the mini for the roots. It gets them really straight. Its so tiny that I only use it for the roots at my crown where I have the most trouble.

Salsarisma

Lol about your curly fro! My first flexi set looked exactly like that...only smaller curls! Love the straight hair. It's beautiful!

Janet'

Girl...all that hair. How long did it take you to flat iron it? How often do you wear your hair straight? How much do you think you are going to need to trim this time?

sharifeh

I love the straightened pics!!! And the roller set is not even that bad! Your sister is trippin!

leona2025

Girl...all that hair. How long did it take you to flat iron it? How often do you wear your hair straight? How much do you think you are going to need to trim this time?

It usually takes me about an hour if I take a few 5 minutes breaks. If I don't take breaks I won't do a good job becuase I'll get bored. I always wear it straight. I think I just need a inch or two trimmed. Its uneven now because I attempted to trim it myself. :lachen:

cutenss

Your hair is just AWESOME :yep: I just straightened my hair with my beloved Sedu Revolution. That iron is the best.

leona2025

Your hair is just AWESOME :yep: I just straightened my hair with my beloved Sedu Revolution. That iron is the best.

I love it too. I m no pro with the flat iron, but my hair is silky and straight and I only do one or two passes.

HappilyLiberal

(a) Step away from the flat iron.

(b) I think a spiral set would look good with your length and thickness. You'd use the same sized rollers you used before, but just roll the hair differently. I started typing out an explanation on how to do a spiral set but the instructions didn't make any sense to me so I know they would not have made any sense to anyone else. Do a search for the poster "prospurr4." She has her hair in a spiral set in her siggy. Your hair is about the same length as hers. I think you'll like your hair like that.