Daughter's hair

hurricane

I need to know my daughter's hair type. What is the best shampoo/conditioner, and daily moisturizer for her natural hair. I tried the coconut/lime "relaxer" and this is how it came out. Now, I didn't use a whole can of coconut milk and I only used 1 tablespoon of lime. I just wanted to be careful.

I added an attachment so that you guys could see.

Attachments

• hairjoural10.jpg
    hairjoural10.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 84

Mandy4610

I have no suggestion for you, but I just wanted to say how beautiful that head of hair is:yep::spinning:
Bump
Bump

ETA...for my natural hair I use
CON shampoo
Keracare Humecto conditioner
Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream or Oyin Whipped Pudding

I have others, but these are kind of my staples.

Last edited:

Toy

Sorry,I have no suggetions just wanted to say she has some beautiful hair.

LongiLox

She looks like a 3c. I don't know much about natural hair care, since I'm relaxed. But for thick hair I always recommend the Kera Care line. It's very detangling and moisturizing.

natieya

Her hair is gorgeous!!! I love the texture. Have you tried sealing with coconut oil? I have found it works wonders. I'm relaxed, but I think this would work for naturals, too.

Coconut oil has a cumulative effect on my hair. The first day after using it, my hair is shiny and smooth. But as I use a little more each day, my hair shaft absorbs it and gets silkier and silker. (My hair is 4b and NEVER in life has my hair been silky - henna may partly be to blame for the silkiness, too). I have also been using ayurvedic herbs. How old is your daughter? I ask because if you think she has the attention span for it, using ayurvedic herbs on my hair has transformed my hair and scalp.

HTH! :grin:

Last edited:

*Muffin*

I need to know my daughter's hair type. What is the best shampoo/conditioner, and daily moisturizer for her natural hair. I tried the coconut/lime "relaxer" and this is how it came out. Now, I didn't use a whole can of coconut milk and I only used 1 tablespoon of lime. I just wanted to be careful.

I added an attachment so that you guys could see.

I'm going to go with my gut and say 3c/4a. It looks similar to my hair's natural texture.

hurricane

Thank you for your response. I will look up haircare for 3c hair type. I use ayuverdic teas for my hair but not sure if she is up to the time it takes to care for it. I love coconut oil too i think that I will try to order a tub from somewhere.

Neith

That's some GORGEOUS 3c/4a (mostly coarse 3c) hair!

For a deep conditioner try Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. Thick, rich, moisturizing and has very safe ingredients!