Dealing with potential trolls...

NOTE TO SELF: <font color="red">do not</font> piss nikos off!!!
notworthy.gif

you rock, nikos!!!
smile.gif

adrienne

...?! Oh man, now I've got to know what happened in that thread! Tell us, tell us! Then at least we'll see an example of what not to do!!

What happened??! Please please tell me, or I'll never get to sleep tonight

bounce2.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
dimopoulos said:
A notice to everyone - and especially the "ladies" that tried to cause distress to the ladies in this community:

I am sure that you (the 5 that got banned) can read this thread since it is open to guests. Hence this message is for you:

I have recorded what you said and when you said it. I also recorded your IP and your email addresses.

I had email discussions with both Yahoo (the emails) as well as the University of Stanford in Chicago. Also I emailed your ISP's and most of them have responded.

This is the deal then: Stay out of here and go to the forum that you are regulars. There you can talk about this forum but you are not allowed to be in here. I know which one it is and rest assured that if you do this again I will push this as far as it goes with any action necessary to ensure the happines of the members of this community.

As for all the current members that even consider causing trouble just to fill their miserable lives: Our family here has no place for you. Hence if you are considering a similar stunt, better leave now - you have been warned.

Nikos
user.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have recorded what you said and when you said it. I also recorded your IP and your email addresses.

I had email discussions with both Yahoo (the emails) as well as the University of Stanford in Chicago. Also I emailed your ISP's and most of them have responded.

What you did was pretty serious and it does have grounds for legal action against you. We have tracked you down and we CAN take actions against you for grievance caused to the members here. If I am to ask for written proof from the girls here I am sure I am going to get loads and loads of replies, hence it is going to get really messy for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you don't play around
shocked.gif
Thanks for defending us Nikos
smile.gif
You are numero uno in my book
kiss.gif

SeaMist said:

What you did was pretty serious and it does have grounds for legal action against you. We have tracked you down and we CAN take actions against you for grievance caused to the members here. If I am to ask for written proof from the girls here I am sure I am going to get loads and loads of replies, hence it is going to get really messy for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you don't play around
shocked.gif
Thanks for defending us Nikos
smile.gif
You are numero uno in my book
kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

D I T T O
smile.gif

brownrelaxedhair said:
Well said Pebbles,

I know from previous boards that the best treatment is to ignore them. That's the ultimate insult to the because they WANT your attention.

I always have and will treat them like they don't exist
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O ! I do not and will not feed the trolls.
nono.gif

Oh boy.. I've seen that stuff ( "Do not feed the trolls" petitions) on other sites. I never thought I'd see them in this forum! If Nikos tracked them down and slammed the brakes it must be terribly serious, because I've never seen him T'd off.

But I'm just as curious as poor ngaa (girl, I'm w/ you there on the curiousity
laugh.gif
) on what caused such a stir!! since it's been deleted, oh well.....

OK. All I can say that there was a lot of *****iness (pardon the French -as they say) against the members of this community. Some of the posts were directed to members with comments about their hair routines and in short putting them down. A lot of members were really disturbed by this.

The reason that I got pissed of so much is that some of the girls here are putting a serious effort to feel pretier than they already are by wanting to achieve long beautiful hair. We are not all blessed with the perfect hair style so some of you want something which takes time, patience, money, and determination. Nobody is allowed to devalue this efford and this is what I disapprove.

A lot of the girls (if not all) are very sensitive about their hair and they come to this community to get advice and share with all of us their joy (the hair routine works perfect) or their sorrow (something went wrong). For me devaluing this efford and not being able to respect this need to share your thoughts is a crime.

Nikos
user.gif

*****iness... is that French???

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Hey Adrienne, that smiley is a trip girl!

Oh man, I leave for a couple of days and all HECK breaks loose!
shocked.gif
I thought those tips from that person were genuine, now I'm disappointed. Oh well&lt;sigh&gt;.back to the business of hair!

I'm glad I missed this "display" of negativity,
Nikos thanks for putting them in thier place.
spank.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

weird.gif
3 cheers for Nikos
dance7.gif

you rock
king.gif

Yes I forgot about vevster too, thank you, thank you she helped out quit a bit in all this drama, and we all were alterted very quickly because of her!

Yes I forgot about vevster too, thank you, thank you she helped out quit a bit in all this drama

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, she sure did. Vevster doesn't mince words. She just comes in, hits the delete key, and CASE CLOSED.
up.gif

WHOA!!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice, Nikos!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I LOVE THIS BOARD!

Vevster: thanks for deleting!
grin.gif

Pebbles and Beverly: Thanks for keeping the Peace!
grin.gif

Nikos,

You are the "OMEGA MAN"!!!
king.gif

I love the way you responded to those trouble makers with
<font color="red"> Swift Vengeance</font>.
whip.gif

Beverly/Pebbles/Nikos, Thanks for working so hard to maintain the integrity of this board.
It is appreciated.
rosebud.gif
rosebud.gif

Job well done to all of you Nikos, Pebbles, Beverly and Vester.
grin.gif
I would hate to have to leave LHCF because of strife caused by OUTSIDERS.

Radiance said:
*****iness... is that French???

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;img src="http://64.62.140.213/~longhair/images/graemlins/laugh.gif" alt="" /&gt; Hey Adrienne, that smiley is a trip girl!

[/ QUOTE ]
i kno!! i was supposed to be doin my work and burst out laughin, needless to say my teacher caught me doin the biology of hair not of plants lik i was supposed to
look.gif

Wow...miss a few days and you miss a lot! Whatever happended, I am glad that the "family" survived and is doing well.

So true about not feeding trolls. I have left many a discussion group because of them.

Thanks guys.

I really can't overstate how happy I am to have effective moderators and administrators like the ones here. There are so many boards where the community is reduced to trolls or, at best, members who have no respect for anyone but themselves.

Thank LHCF staff!
pangel4.gif

I missed it all thanks to a hectic week of one exam after the other but I'm glad things are back to ship shape. Thanks to everyone and long live the LHCF
dance7.gif
dance7.gif

What if you banned someone who was misunderstood and shouldn't have been banned?

There was nothing to be "misunderstood" about those chicks.
They were all insane in the membrane!
crazy.gif

MissJ, I'm sure those persons could email the administration and clear up the misunderstanding in a mature fashion.

Back