December Hits or Misses or on the Fence

Dare~to~Dream

Hits

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier---Good stuff and I finally found my replacement daily moisturizing spray! This makes my hair softer and gives my hair long lasting moisture for days.

Melanin Haircare Plumping Deep Conditioner---This is a very good deep conditioner. I don't really like the scent but that is something I can remedy as I think this deep conditioner might have holy grail status for me.

Epres Bond Repair Treatment---Since I no longer air-dry but blow dry my hair every week, I have started using bond treatments a least once a month. I finished Olaplex and started this after taking advantage of their sale. Instead of once a month I have been using it weekly so far and I like it so much better than Olaplex. It also makes my hair soft and easier to detangle.

Pumpkin Seed Oil---new oil for me and I am loving it

Sodium Lactate---revisiting this after quite some time and I like it much better than glycerin

On the Fence

Kinky Curly Knot Today---revisiting this after quite some time and using it for the original Kimmay-tube leave-in. It is much heavier than my typical leave-in and it really does work better with the oils Kimmaytube suggested. I am on the fence because I feel like the Kimmaytube recipe worked better for me with another leave-in. So far it's a hit or miss--especially when I use it with different oils--so I am on the fence as I haven't completely written it off.

Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener---I am on the fence because I did notice several broken hairs the day after I used it but my fine low density hair felt so thick and kind of lush. I believe the broken hairs were due to me not leaving my moisturizing conditioner on long enough. Back when I started this hair care journey a long time ago, I use to do hardcore protein treatments like apHogee and follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner for at least 30 minutes to an hour. Now, I barely leave on the moisturizing conditioner for 10 minutes max. Every protein treatment I have used in the last 1.5 years have left me with a few or several broken hairs the next day and after using this one, it finally clicked that I am not balancing them with a moisturizing conditioner long enough. My hair likes and needs the protein but it must be balanced with a moisturizing conditioner for longer than 5-10 minutes. I know this is a good product because of how my hair felt but I don't want to see broken hairs the next day. For this reason, I am on the fence until I see if leaving my moisturizing condiitoner on for a good while corrects the issue.

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Hit
AGEbeautiful permanent hair color in 1N
- covered my grays and colored my hair a nice jet black like I wanted
Alodia Soothe Hair & Scalp Herbal Infusion - saved my poor scalp from irritation from the cold winter weather and dying my hair. I've used it twice and no more itchiness