Deep conditioner question

tanyaj

Hi Ladies, I have a deep conditioner question...

So, I'm trying to make up a deep conditioner recipe, one thats different than what I usually use. I've been battling dry ends lately.

A few days ago, I used Roux Porosity Control.

So, the "recipe" I've come up with is Skala ceramides masque, Vitamin conditioner(for scent), Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, olive oil,castor oil, Amla oil, honey and coconut oil. I'd like to add some Raw Shea Butter if I can figure out how to break it down.

I dont know if that's good or not, or if there's something else I have on hand that I could add. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance
Tanya

Last edited:

tanyaj

I've decided to post an updated pic, I could remember how to update the sig pic. The first picture in the pikistrip was 3/09, second and third was 5/09, not sure about the last one. The attached thumbnail was last week on my birthday 8/10/10

Attachments

• 100E0333.jpg
    100E0333.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 20

iri9109

whoah thats ALOT lol...but i think you can do a double boiler type thing or put the shea in a container and then put the container in some hot water so that it melts...dont try to boil it directly or put it in the microwave

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I think the key to a great deep conditioner mix is not how many products you use, but the quality.

I say find 1-2 conditioners that work really well on your hair and combine them. One should be a moisturizing conditioner, and one should be a mild protein conditioner. After that you can add your more natural and concentrated ingredients and VIOLA! You've got a great DC.

My DC mix is as follows...

1/2 cup of Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
1/3 cup of Joico K-Pak Reconstructor
1-2 tbsp of olive oil
1tsp of silk amino acids
1tsp of coconut oil
2tbsp of food grade aloe vera gel

This combo keeps my hair so soft and strong I will probably keep using it forever.