DEN1'S LAST UPDATE FOR 2005 (PICS)

Nanyanika

I've taken some newgrowth shots of my hair this morning, i had exstensions put in over 3 weeks ago, i used my sulfur oil mix sometimes daily, washed my hair once a week with shampoo. I moisturised with my homemade concoctions on a daily. Two weeks ago, i started taking msm, flaxseed oil and silica, my biotin arrived three days ago and i've just begun taking them. After just two weeks on these supplements my eyelashes are getting thicker and longer, no need for false eyelashes of mascara then, even though i don't use that stuff anyway lol. My goal is to stop chopping my hair and allow it to grow to my waist again by june/july 2006. here is the link to my album.

http://public.fotki.com/den1/year_one_transitioning/newgrowth_texture_shots

password: myhair

Last edited:

goldensensation

That's a nice amount of new growth! And just think, since you are now adding more vitamins into the mix, it is only a prelude of what else is to come. Good luck on your hair goal! :clap:

Nanyanika

goldensensation said:
That's a nice amount of new growth! And just think, since you are now adding more vitamins into the mix, it is only a prelude of what else is to come. Good luck on your hair goal! :clap:
Thank-you!!! I cannot wait to see how much growth i'll achieve in the next six months, its quite exciting. I've just got to remain consistent this time and it should work out well.

ekomba

wow Den thats a lot of grow in 3 weeks i know you will be waistlength the summer please dont cut anymore! U ARE NOT TO APPROACH ANY SCISSORS U HEAR ME !!! ;)

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
wow Den thats a lot of grow in 3 weeks i know you will be waistlength the summer please dont cut anymore! U ARE NOT TO APPROACH ANY SCISSORS U HEAR ME !!! ;)
YES MAM I HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR NO MORE SCISSORS. I'M THINKING OF HAVING MY HAIR STRAIGHTENED I HAVEN'T SHOWN ANY HAIR LENGTH SHOTS IN A LOOONG TIME.

ayoung

Wow! That is a lot of growth for 3 weeks!
You have beautiful hair--can't wait to see it waist lenght....

ekomba

den1 said:
YES MAM I HEARD YOU LOUD AND CLEAR NO MORE SCISSORS. I'M THINKING OF HAVING MY HAIR STRAIGHTENED I HAVEN'T SHOWN ANY HAIR LENGTH SHOTS IN A LOOONG TIME.

oh post the pix when you straigthen you gonna press or use the ceramic iron. i intend to buy a maxiglide or a good ceramic iron when i reach my goal but i always wondered cause a friend of mine told me that the real good ones the plates must be black that the whites or clear ones or whatever are not real ones or coated or whatever i did not understand and still researching these ceramic irons (like which ones is 100%ceramic...). but if you decide you buying let me know which one i have no clue about them and want one badly.

Nanyanika

ekomba said:
oh post the pix when you straigthen you gonna press or use the ceramic iron. i intend to buy a maxiglide or a good ceramic iron when i reach my goal but i always wondered cause a friend of mine told me that the real good ones the plates must be black that the whites or clear ones or whatever are not real ones or coated or whatever i did not understand and still researching these ceramic irons (like which ones is 100%ceramic...). but if you decide you buying let me know which one i have no clue about them and want one badly.

Yeah i definitely will post pics when i reach waist length. I'm not going to press, i hope to avoid damaging my hair. The flat iron i currently have has these yellow looking plates the company i bought it from said that it was solid ceramic but i don't think they are because its faded slightly, its probably coated. Its excellent at straightening though i used it on my friend and sisters hair.that maxiglide sounds bloody brilliant, but i don't i can purchase in the UK. I'd probaby get my old stylist to straighten my hair, she usually straightens with the blowdrier anf brush before flat-ironing. my hair is going to be soo uneven because i chopped wrong beforem so'i'll have to get it evebed up a bit lol

resuts of my flatiron used on friend and sister's hair

my friend jennifier

my sister Natalie

Last edited:

Nanyanika

wantlonghealthyhair said:
beautiful hair, lovely face...wow your sister looks so much like you.i'm a fellow brit by the way! :)
Thanks everyone says we look alike, i'm the ugly one lol. You're up in Manchester right? i have cousins who live there. Welcome to the forum.

Elizabeth26

You have so much growth over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for keeping us posted with updates about your haircare. I just love the thickness and waves!

Nanyanika

Liz25_Ga said:
You have so much growth over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for keeping us posted with updates about your haircare. I just love the thickness and waves!
Thanks!!! very much. I haven't mastered what to do to get rid of the thickness though? I really don't like it anymore, it takes a lot of work, its like a forest lol. if anyone has any ideas how to thin it without damage please let me know. thanks

XXXtacy

You hair looks so healthy and fabulous!!! You did a great job!!:clap:

For how long did you use MTG? When/Why did you stop??

I just recently purchase MTG. Goal of using it for 4 months to see what happens. Wondering about your new routine.

lovelymissyoli

That's some great progress den1! I got similar growth when I used Surge last year w/ extensions. BTW, what is in these homemade concoctions of yours?

Nanyanika

lovelymissyoli said:
That's some great progress den1! I got similar growth when I used Surge last year w/ extensions. BTW, what is in these homemade concoctions of yours?
I use my homemade spray concoction sometimes daily, consists of (Glycerin, rosewater, coconut oil, vo5 creamy fresh peaches conditioner) or sometimes i use s-curl actvator. I shampoo once a week, thats it. I started taking vits again 2 weeks ago, kordels silica 1000mg, MSM 7,000-10,000mg a dau, Flaxseed oil 2 teaspoons daily)begun recently)biotin 2700mcg.

Last edited:

Nanyanika

XXXtacy said:
You hair looks so healthy and fabulous!!! You did a great job!!:clap:

For how long did you use MTG? When/Why did you stop??

I just recently purchase MTG. Goal of using it for 4 months to see what happens. Wondering about your new routine.
Aww thank-you girl!!! I used Mtg for two months!!!
I received great growth, but i couldn't afford to ship from US any longer. So i decided to make a knock-off version of my own . I purchased my sulfur from www.baldwins.co.uk To my old MTG bottle, i applied an equivilant of three heaped tablespoons, mixed with coconut oil, olive oil and jojoba oil.i applied it every few days only to my scalp. .

Sistaslick

I have always been a fan of your hair! Can't wait to see your waistlength announcement-- it should be pretty soon! :D

Nanyanika

Sistaslick said:
I have always been a fan of your hair! Can't wait to see your waistlength announcement-- it should be pretty soon! :D
Honi: My hair only grows faster with topical applications or vitamins, without them my growth is snails pace.
sistaslick: I really do hope i'm able to make the announcement sooner rather than later. Thanks ladies

Nanyanika

nurseN98 said:
Dannng! Your hair is growing like crazy, I think you may reach your goal before June. :thumbsup:
Thanks!! I doubt i'd reach my goal any sooner than June, i would be nice though.

Blaque*Angel

den1 said:
Thanks everyone says we look alike, i'm the ugly one lol. You're up in Manchester right? i have cousins who live there. Welcome to the forum.

the ugly one?yeah right...lol, yes i'm from ,Manchester :) wonder if i know your cousins!?

Nanyanika

wantlonghealthyhair said:
the ugly one?yeah right...lol, yes i'm from ,Manchester :) wonder if i know your cousins!?
I can't even remember which part of manchester they live in. There names are Eunice and Claudette.