Designer's Touch Lye Relaxer

G

Designer\'s Touch Lye Relaxer

Has anyone tried this relaxer system or use it now? What are your thoughts about it? Is it goood for sensitive heads?

Thanks!

vevster

Re: Designer\'s Touch Lye Relaxer

I loved and used this YEARS ago. It was the THE relaxer to use... then it became hard to find. The last time I looked I only saw the NO LYE.

G

Thanks Vevster! I'm a little nervous about the switch. Its always nerve wracking trying out a new relaxer. I was definitely assured that it was the lye version and not the no-lye. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I'll post my results after I get my retouch.

vevster

Did you get the Post Perm treatment to go with???

That is what all they hype was about... the PPT or Post Perm treatment used after the relaxer PRIOR to neutralizing.... pick that up if you can find it! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers!
Vev

Last edited:

Tonya

Hey Pooh123!
Yes I have used Designer Toudh in Lye and No Lye and I love them both. I agree with Vevster make sure u pick up the post perm treatment. It is very good for sensitive scalp. I experienced really no burning with this relaxer with both the lye and the no lye. Good luck. Let us now how u come out.

G

Thanks Tonya and thanks Vevster! I didn't actually buy the relaxer. A co-worker of mine recommended this beautician to do my hair and I went with her to the shop and I asked the beautician what relaxer she uses and she says that she uses the Designer's Touch System. I don't know about the post perm treatment but I'm hoping she uses that too after your rave reviews of it! I'll have to ask lots of questions while I'm getting my hair done. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tonya thanks so much for confirming that it didn't burn you. I hate getting burned. I'm so sensitive! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Anyway, I promise to let you guys know how it goes and I plan to post some updated pictures soon!

G

Vevster and Tonya, /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've got to give you props on this relaxer. It worked wonderfully! My scalp was based REALLY well with a medicated product and then the beautician proceeded to relax me. My scalp did not burn!! /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif I'm the most tenderheaded person I know and it didn't burn. I was sooo excited!! And I think she used that post perm conditioner that you guys mentioned because after she rinsed out the relaxer she put conditioner on it and worked it in for a few minutes before she used the neutralizer.

She did a body wrap on my hair and for the first time in a long time my hair wasn't plastered down to my scalp. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif I had LOTS of body and my hair was so shiny. This relaxer is definitely a keeper for me. I've found something that my hair and scalp agrees with. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Ladies!!

vevster

I'm so glad it worked for you! I was so upset when I had to switch but it just wasn't avail in my area.

Tonya

So glad it worked for oyu...I think this is going to be ther relaxer of my chouice as well:)

Healthb4Length

This was the last relaxer I used for my texturizer and I like the results. My hair was soft and had body, overall it was a good relaxer.

jasmin

If you are looking for a tex look then this is a good relaxer. My hubby used what was left of my batch to losen his curl pattern and he loves it. I like it on him too. So I bought him a big jar.

gradygirl

I used it for the first time 2 weeks ago for a texturizer and I loved the results. I used the lye formula for sensitive scalp and the post treatment. This is what I'm going to use for my touchups from now on.

gradygirl

I left the relaxer on mine for the maximum amount of time that the directions recommended for course hair which is about 30 minutes and it did not straighten mine bone straight but i have very course hair. It might have straightened it more if I used the super formula but I used the mild for sensitive scalp.