Desperately Seeking Miss Cool 5 Minute Fast Set

H

HairObsessed

I've looked everywhere for this product and won't rest until I find it. Someone mentioned having found it in Dayton at a BSS that starts with an "E" but I can't find that thread again for the life of me. I live in Miami and I've been to every BSS here (literally) and can't find it. Has anyone seen it recently anywhere. Please help!!

Cindy70

I think they discontinued that product, HairObsessed. I know that years ago I used to find it at Eckerd Drugs, but they don't have it anymore.

H

HairObsessed

Yeah it was discontinued 2 years ago but people still find it every once and a while. There is an online distributor selling it right now but theres a $50 minimum purchase I'm hoping to avoid. At this point it just might come to that.

Lindy

HairObsessed,
I have an almost full bottle of this at home... If you have something to trade for it, you can have it!! If you're interested, PM me & let me know what you have!!

Cindy70

Hairobsessed, have you tried the Hindu 5 minute curl set cream? I think that it's kind of similar to Miss Cool. It's a quick set cream too.

H

HairObsessed

I'm interested. Your PM is on its way. Where did you buy it and do you think they still have some? I know there are several people on the board looking for it.

H

HairObsessed

I just recently started looking for the Hindu 5 minute curl set cream. I'm very curious about it but none of my BS Stores carry it.

Cindy70

Here's a link to an online store that sells it Hindu Sheen . I've purchased products from this online store before and had a good experience.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested. Your PM is on its way. Where did you buy it and do you think they still have some? I know there are several people on the board looking for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember where I got it; it was a while ago!! But I could have sworn I saw it in a BSS store recently... but maybe not!!

H

HairObsessed

I can't find a list of ingredients for the Hindu Sheen. Does anyone know whats in it??

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Here are the ingredients of the concentrated formula (they make a lotion, too).

Deionized water, Mineral Oil, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Aloe, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Retinol, Fragrance and Yellow #5.

azul11

I was in your same boat but i gave up. someone mentioned finding it and i went to that place but it was no where to be found. i too wish i could find either one of these. God bless you all.

cutebajangirl

Azul,
I think you are in New Yor right ? I just saw it (the Hidu sheen) yesterday for the first time ever in a BSS called Mimi's in Brooklyn on Flatbush and Glenwood. You can take the 2 0r 5 to the flatbush avenue stop. ( I think it is the last stop) This was so funny to me because I had neverheard of this before this board and then I see and now there is another thread on it

azul11

I hope it wont be one of those things where I go all the way to brooklyn and the stuff is sold out.
thats what happened to me when someone said they found miss cool's at a store and i went there and it wasnt there. lol i'll see about that if i am in brooklyn in the near future. God bless you all.

pmichael52172

I'm in Maryland and I always see this stuff... even in the grocery store. This is the ONLY product I have kept buying since my mom used it on me as a little girl.

My friends still crack up when at the mention of it but hey, it's my staple. I've never roller set with it but I lie my sides and back down in the a.m. put a silk scarf on, do my morning routine and before I leave for work, take it off and not only is my hair flat and straight, but it's soft instead of brittle like my other holding mousses can be.

H

HairObsessed

Sassygirl- Thanks for the ingredients. Do you all think the mineral oil in it is evil if I only use it on my ends? I'm worried that its second on the list of ingredients.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The Hindu Sheen was greasy. I don't remember Miss Cool being greasy... But I didn't add water to mine and I have the concentrated version, not the lotion. The directions say to add water to make it the consistency that you like. I was using it on wet hair (my pitiful attempt at a braid-out!) so I didn't think I needed to add more water.

I used to think mineral oil was the worst thing I could put on my hair. It's greasy, but I don't automatically disregard products with mo in them anymore...

Cindy70

I still use products with mineral oil in them. I tried the natural oils and they just didn't moisturize my hair enough. So, no, in my opinion mineral oil isn't evil,
, but I'm no expert, I just know what my hair likes and doesn't like.

daviine

Cute bajangirl--just in case you didn't know there are TWO BSS in that area!!!!
I don't really go to Mimi's anymore. I mostly go to the other one but I cab;t rememmber the name of it. It's on Nostrand between Glenwood and Flatbush but closer to Glenwood. It's across the street from the fish market and the beef patty shop.

And yes it is the last stop on the 2 and 5 line.