Did you get your 6 inches this year?

Victoria44

from may to august i was cutting an inch a month, RIDICULOUS

so i definitely didn't retain 6'', but i think i retained 2-3 inches. i'm just glad to see progress

*CherryPie*

I got a little more than 6", but I just cut off more than 10". I'm transitioning and I don't want to have to cut WL hair when I BC.

yasmine913

I wish! I only grow about 1/4 inch a month, but I retained all of it by protective styling pretty much the whole year.

LaToya28

I got at least 4 inches since my bc in March. I got a trim in August too so I think I'm doing well all things considered.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Although I cut off approximately 3 inches between April and July, I managed to retain the last 3 inches from August to now. Yay me!

Now to retain it all in 2011.

PureSilver

I wasn't sure how i should put this but with all the growth i've had from my BC on April 13th with "'1.25'' starting out, i'm now at ''4.5''- ''5'' give and take in some areas. Not sure if it makes any sense but i would say no i didn't. Well :ohwell:, i've been in a weave from Nov 26th-present so maybe i've gained another ''1/2''-''1'' so i hope when i take this thing down i'm past that ''5'' solidly. Now "6" gained or not i would say YAY ME!

AfroKink

I know I didn't. I don't keep length comparison shots anymore, but I know I'm cut 3-4 inches all around fighting splits and tidying my ends. Nevertheless my hair has grown (retained). I can do styles now that I couldn't do last year at this time. I had messly ponytails in January, but now I can do buns. I'm estimating that I retained 2-3 inches.

I'm hoping 2011 will bring less need for scissors. I'm about 6 inches from my long term goal, but I strive for health first!

Well....:ohwell: I just cut off 2 more inches! I inspected my hair and still had a lot of splits so I chopped off some more. I want 2011 to be the year of healthy hair, so I have to start it off right!

Sianna

Meh, I gained about 4 1/2 inches so far (give or take) and expect to get another half inch by the time I hit my one year mark, 1-25-11. All in all, not too bad. From the beginning I decided that if I was going to make mistakes, I'd try to get them out of the way during my first year natural. That's probably why I've lost about half an inch to heat damage. Because of that, my ends aren't quite as blunt and purtty as I'd like. :ohwell: So, I'll be trimming another 1/4 of an inch on my BC'versary.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i usually get about 5 inches a year. i cut 3 in april and got them all back plus one. so i grew my usual 5, but with the cut i only kept 2. (if that makes sense)

this year will be a better measure for me....no big trims will be needed.

i'm trying to up my growth rate this year....we will see how it works.

funny how i think of the year in "hair" term now......length checks in june and december. hide my hair with wigs first and second quarter. hide it in weaves third and fourth quarter. i remember everything based on my hair now. :)

sj73

I'm guessing I only got about 4 inches this year. I'm hoping to reach 6 inches in 2011 due to my focus on protective styles during the winter. I think that messed me up in 2010. My hair grows in a V, so I'm monitoring the V for growth and reaching my goal of full BSL in 2011.

One thing to add though...I did get 6 inches on the front of my hair. My bangs now touch under my chin (almost collarbone)...they were nose length in January 2010.

brg240

maybe 5" I think my growth is about .4" per month.

I started at above wl and I've trimmed twice (not sure how many inches) but I was at below hl before my second trim.

that said right now I'm only 2" below my starting point

MochaMooch

I got my six. I BC'd recently and my last relaxer was a year ago and my hair is just over 6 inches now. I was really surprised seeing as I've treated my hair really badly all year. Now i've found lhcf I'm hoping that will change and it gives me confidence that I can achieve good length this year.

Imani

I am not sure about the entire yr since my hair was cut several times in the first few months of the yr. But over the past 8 months I got my 4 inches and that's even with a trim.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Aggie

I hardly ever measure my hair :lol:

I have gotten length and retained it.

It seems that when I pay the least amount of attention to my hair it grows the most.

I have a goal, but I eyeball my progress rather than measure it.

Hmmm:scratchch - I think the bolded is what I will be doing for 2011 and 2012. Good idea, thanks for sharing this.

I don't think I got 6 inches (maybe 4 or a little less) this year but I will try to retain more length in the year ahead:yep:.

EllePixie

I did, but I'm meh about it. I started off with an inch, and measure strands by pulling them out (terrible). The longest strands were 8 inches and the shorter ones are 7-7.5. I am not pulling out anymore of my hair! Also, I want my inch a month, hence me not being excited.:ohwell:

dyh080

I'm pretty sure I got my 6inches and maybe a little more..IDK...my hair has grown so much but I dont measure my hair with a tape measure to get an accurate number..

@Qtee....I was just getting ready to ask you how in the world did you go from 1-2 inches in Sept'09 to APL a year and 2 months later in Nov'10?

Wow...that is amazing!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I grew more than 6" but I only retained 6. I cut at least 2" over the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF