DID YOU KNOW....HORSETAIL IS NOT THE BEST SOURCE OF SILICA?

Nanyanika

Lebiya said:

Den approximately how much growth have you received in the last 2-3 weeks since using the bamboo silica?
In the middle and back areas I received 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch in the front. I've just had my hair relaxed, i'll post my newgrowth shots over the next few weeks, as proof. Oh i forgot to add, i've also been taking EFAs

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Nice & Wavy said:
I just got the call after 2 weeks to say that my Solaray bamboo is in. It only cost me $10.85 per bottle. I'm going to go pick it up after work today. Well, when are we going to start our Bamboo challenge? Den1 are you ready? Set the date!!!

:p
Great your getting the bamboo sil today, Yipee, you must be excited. Well i'm ready, we can start the challenge today if you like. Do you mind heading the challenge for us?

Nanyanika

Nymphe said:
I just received my bamboo gelcaps from LuckyVitamins today and took two of them. I am hoping to get as much growth as I can before December 29th (hair cut).
Good luck!! will you be also joining the challenge?

Nice & Wavy

den1 said:
Great your getting the bamboo sil today, Yipee, you must be excited. Well i'm ready, we can start the challenge today if you like. Do you mind heading the challenge for us?

Ok, den1...I'm excited...this is my first time heading up a challenge. I already stared a new thread for the challenge. Thanks, den1!!!

Nanyanika

Nice & Wavy said:
Ok, den1...I'm excited...this is my first time heading up a challenge. I already stared a new thread for the challenge. Thanks, den1!!!
That's ok, I just know this challenge will be a success, and i'm sure you'll do brilliant at it.

CreoleBelle

What's the difference between bamboo silica and Biosil? Jarrow claims that:

"Only biosil contains a highly potent 2% solution of stabilized, biologically active stabilized, concentrated Orthosilicic Acid. Horsetail, algae and polymerized silicic acid have a relatively poor rate of conversion to stabilized, concentrated Orthosilicic Acid and, thus, are not well absorbed. Human studies indicate that while silicon from horsetail absorbs slightly better than the colloidal form, BioSil absorbs 2.5 times better than horsetail or colloidal gel."

Nice & Wavy

CreoleBelle said:
What's the difference between bamboo silica and Biosil? Jarrow claims that:

"Only biosil contains a highly potent 2% solution of stabilized, biologically active stabilized, concentrated Orthosilicic Acid. Horsetail, algae and polymerized silicic acid have a relatively poor rate of conversion to stabilized, concentrated Orthosilicic Acid and, thus, are not well absorbed. Human studies indicate that while silicon from horsetail absorbs slightly better than the colloidal form, BioSil absorbs 2.5 times better than horsetail or colloidal gel."

According to several informational websites:

Bamboo extract is the richest known source of natural silica containing over 70% organic silica. This is more than 10 times the level as found in the widely used Horsetail plant (Equisetum) that contains about 5 - 7% silica. Bamboo Sil extract is prepared from Tabashir bamboo stem from India (Bambusa vulgaris).

Nanyanika

bumping anyone getting good results from taking bamboo silica, i took a break for a while but started back last night.

texasgrl

I've had great results with my skin and nails I really cant tell with my hair yet but I will continue to take it because it refeshes the sexy.:lachen:

Nanyanika

texasgrl said:
I've had great results with my skin and nails I really cant tell with my hair yet but I will continue to take it because it refeshes the sexy.:lachen:
good to know your enjoying the results of bamboo silica

natieya

Bumping...

I was taking MSM, but it changed my monthly cycle. (I'm still not right and it's been 3 months...)...anywho...
I want to start taking the Solaray Bamboo. There are Vitamin Shoppes all around Houston so I can pick it up whenever. I would like to hear about progress from those who are taking it (especially the 4b sistas like myself)...but ALL progress inputs are welcomed. :feedback:

portia

Anyone see longer/thicker hair from taking bamboo? I just started taking it this week
so i will report back in a few months.