Different heat settings for different textures???

Sunshine0801

I have never flat ironed my hair since I have been natural, but I plan to soon, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set my flat iron to different heat settings for different textures in my hair.

Some sections are 4a, some are 4b, and some are finer than others. I would think that the 4a and fine sections would need a lower heat setting than the 4b sections.

It seems like most ladies on here only use one heat setting, although many have various hair types on their head. Why is that?

Leigh

I have never flat ironed my hair since I have been natural, but I plan to soon, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set my flat iron to different heat settings for different textures in my hair.

Some sections are 4a, some are 4b, and some are finer than others. I would think that the 4a and fine sections would need a lower heat setting than the 4b sections.

It seems like most ladies on here only use one heat setting, although many have various hair types on their head. Why is that?

Try using the same heat setting but go a little slower on the 4 B hair. So, gently hold the hair taught and slowly smooth over the shaft.

All of my hair is 4A, so I use the same setting for the entire head.