Different types of shampoos

buffyangelfan2

Can anyone explain all the different types of shampoos and conditioners and when you should use them? I know about normal shampoos. But I see there are moisturizing shampoos, clarifying shampoos,etc....
And I know about normal conditioners and protein conditioners. There are alot of different types but these are the only ones I remember. The way my hair has been acting, maybe I need a different type of shampoo/conditioner. I am just confused because I thought they were all the same.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
IMO you should ignore labels like "moisturizing", "ultra cleansing", "for dry and damaged hair", etc when it comes to shampoo or any hair product. It's usually just a marketing trick. For example, Aussie Moist is one of the harshest shampoos I ever used. I've noticed that a lot of product lines will have the same ingredients in both the damaged formula and the regular formula.

Instead, find what ingredients your hair "likes" in shampoos and only buy the ones that have them high on the ingredient list. My hair likes shampoos with decyl polyglucose, sodium myreth sulfate and/or cocamidopropyl betaine.